KiteLife Forum

Sound tracks?

stev123

As I sit at work...thinking about flying my kite..

I was also thinking about music..how many of you listen to music as you fly?

I was thinking peruvian pan pipes...it's a little slow...but ...man the power! I flew the delta kite yesterday just so I could get something in the air...and flying is kinda primal,..and this music makes me think about some folks who actually flew ancient kites. Do you think it was watching the Condors floating...?

Sorry, I'm a historian...and a monkey :)

Steve

Yikes.

I really thought the airy pan pipe stuff would touch a "chord"(arrh arrh)

Living in Colorado the Mountains and the winds seem to be kind of a magical place.

I feel like such an idiot...but I'm not a "newbie" to that feeling :)

Maybe there is sitting in the office kite music,..and then there is "Flying" music...

I figure half this crap is in the mind's eye anyway. Why else would we race children to the really cool toys?

Steve

Disco rules!

:blue_wink:

I actually have the entire Saturday Night Fever album on my mp3 player...

Now when you see me boogying down on the beach, shaking my tail, you'll know why. :)

But, I also compete in masters dual line ballet with Dueling Banjos... So, what can I say? :blue-cool:

I was thinking the theme from "Jonny Quest" ..the old one(at least for my flying)

I think Peruvian Pan Pipes or ("PPP" from now on) :) Are good for single line floaters and soarers.

I'm thinking Jazz...for the duals.. Pat Metheny.. Spyrogyra....

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I like new age music, though Yanni is to busy for me. Innovators, Ray Lynch type music.

Shania Twain or Whitney Houston to kick back and play. The music that I play and relax with is totally different then show music. It has to be a mix of slow and fast songs.

After Long Beach I went down the beach on Monday, cranked up my music and flew for meeeee! Total Satisfaction. :rev_clockwork: Now whose got a smoke?

BB

Penny

I like techno, and movie soundtracks, but sometimes classic rock is good, maybe some rap here and there doesn't hurt either B) i jam with my iPod and big headphons. the sound quality of them are great, and they keep you ears a little warmer on cold days. lol

I was thinking music today, no wind and a leaf blower... well that's another post.

I like classical music, classic rock from the 50's and 60's is kool, but I mean long-hair, white tie and tails classical music. Music of the Night from Phantom of the Opera... Mars from Holst's the Planets...

Vivaldi, Beethoven, Bach, Smetana...

I always thought Mars would make a great pairs ballet.

I was thinking music today, no wind and a leaf blower... well that's another post.

I like classical music, classic rock from the 50's and 60's is kool, but I mean long-hair, white tie and tails classical music. Music of the Night from Phantom of the Opera... Mars from Holst's the Planets...

Vivaldi, Beethoven, Bach, Smetana...

I always thought Mars would make a great pairs ballet.

I like a variety of music. One thing I like is a slow ballad to see how slow I can fly and axle and cascade. Light winds help.

There is one tune that I wish I could do justice to. It is called Soul Finger by the Bar Kays (1967), where were you then. This tune says flick flac, comete, cascade etc. It requires 9 of something two times.

• 11 months later...

I see this is an old theme but it's golden :)

I've flown kite just once but I had the same question on my mind. I think Incubus, Silverchair, Guano Apes, Godsmack and Stone Sour on shuffle would be my soundtrack. Just keep it low, I'd like to hear the sound of the kite ;)

As you can see Steve123 it just depends on what ever you enjoy . I to like a little of every thing and almost always have my I POD some times the wind seams to dictate what I listen too. fast or slow .And flying day dreams can be triggered by music as I picture a side side turtle yo yo and so on . Just in joy it there is nothing write or wrong with any music it is all relative to the listener . A warm winds to all

I may rethink my music... I'm sitting here at Otter Rock, OR listening to the surf crashing on the rocks 200 feet below the condo we are staying in. We watched Gray whales feed, breach and blow while sea lions were sunning on the rocks below.

Nature sounds that have the power of the surf and whales the size of a school bus a few hundred yards off shore... how do you compete with that...