KiteLife Forum

Monday Morning

JWharton

High pace, precision and flow (unless, of course, you do sudden starts/stops)! Inspirational! - I want to go out for another session (and I have already managed to have two (quick) sessions earlier today).

• Like 1

So with this nice video, what is your current focus? What barriers are you aiming at breaking through. From where (videos, people, kite models, text/posts) have you lately gotten now input? Have you had any “knots” (i.e. difficulties) that have been undone or any new insights lately? Any new projects (like a turn, style, trick etc…)? Sorry for my “kite personal” questions!

• Like 1

Let’s see if I can answer all of that😅, current focus flic-flacs in the different clockwork orientations, which for me with the Djinn bridle they seem harder especially inverted (I like a challenge), clarity of shapes with rotations, always focusing on keeping that leading edge straight to direction of travel. 

Mainly I’m a solo flyer even more so with this COVID, things are easing slowly, so most of my inspiration comes from content on social media, SPI flying with team Kitelife in January made me more precise overnight not sure how. I revisit some of my old videos that’s all I can compare myself with. Then I have a few favourite videos probably top of that list is the Djinn release video, so much flight control in that video.

As for kite models the only quads I fly are Djinns they are the ones that make my hairs stand on end. For me they make it feel new every time I go out.

Difficulties yes those clam rolls🤬😳😅, JB has helped me out with those (and many other things🙏) I owe him a lot. 

New projects, I’d like to get back to some team flying, I’m missing the people I’ve met over the last 3-4years. And just getting out there and flying when something funky happens see if it can be replicated who knows what’s next, hungry with anticipation for the future. 

• Like 2
  • Like 1