KiteLife Forum
RobB

Available:Skyburner Tica 2020 for trade...

Skyburner Tica 2020 for trade...

Hi,

I would like to trade my custom colored Skyburner Tica for something else... I've flown it 3 or 4 times, and I just don't get along with it. Lots of people rave about them, but it's just not for me. I am looking to trade for something of comparable value (this was ~ $400 to my door). Benson, Blue Moon, Lam kite, etc... OR maybe an interesting classic. Let me know what you've got !

Thanks !

• Advertiser
    RobB
  • Date
    06/22/2020
  • Price
  • Category
  • Brand
    Skyburner
  • Model
    Tica 2020

No, I couldn't say the kite feels 'old school'. With my touch, it didn't like to lay on it's back, similar to a Benson Gemini. Devin said that I'm flying it wrong, which is probably accurate. I am self taught from videos, so most of the way I fly is probably technically wrong.  I don't have much time to fly, let alone re-learn tricks that I can do on other kites easily. So, I am just looking to get something that's more fun for me to fly. 

Where I am, I have to buy a kite if I want to try it, I don't get much opportunity to fly OPKs. So, I like some, and don't like others. I've sold or traded a lot of kites in the past, this is the first one in a while, because I just haven't had the time to buy 'em and fly 'em lately.

On 6/23/2020 at 12:06 AM, RobB said:

"I am self taught from videos, so most of the way I fly is probably technically wrong."

Same here, though I don't think my technique is wrong, it's just slightly different. Maybe that's also true for you. 

"I have to buy a kite if I want to try it".

Same here. The OSTK was really a game changer for me,  once I got to sewing...

• Like 1

It took me months to learn simple tricks, like the axel. Years to learn how to 540. Cascade ? IDK if even now I do that right, as well as the 1/2 axel. 

But... I fly because it's fun. It was frustrating sometimes, but I am past learning 'every trick in the book', so now it's just fun.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

I will say that shipping to Australia is expensive. I've shipped kites there before, last time was around $60 US.

I didn't list a price because I was more looking for a trade. I might consider selling it for a little less than MSRP.

• Like 1

This is the invoice from Skyburner...

Purchase details
tica2020 standard custom
$375.00
nitro standard
$9.00
nitro ferrule
$0.00
Amount
$397.00
Shipping
$13.00

Total
$397.00

The kite has been flown 4 times, maybe 2.5 hours total flight time. What would you offer ?