KiteLife Forum

Comparison question.

Chad

Since there are few and far between “B” series to be had, much less a pro.  I have found a “classic”, which from my understanding is a factory B post John’s Separation with Rev.  Wondering how a classic full vent would compare to a SLE full vent.  Similar sail pattern and similar vent pattern.  The Classic is $80 more.  I pretty much decided to go with the SLE for the price, but if the classic is worth it, then maybe I will if I get enough feedback.  I’m trying to be economical while I’m still crashing, though I don’t crash that often or to hard.😬

Thanks,

Chad

There needs to be some clarification.....

First off the old B series and the new classic (in B sail pattern) are the same except the new classic series has the features of the B pro....ie doubled/sewn up LE ends....no more rev fray...yay!!! The only real difference is the new classic B has the velcro bits on the back side for Rev`s reflex frame system... I have a grey fade and did not need the frame or reflex stuff when ordering....sail only (have many frames)...and the velcro bits were on the sail.

If you have an SLE sail....then it has a different sail pattern from the B pattern. The present EXP pattern is the same as the old SLE pattern...which given colour choices, can sometimes look way better than a B....huge factor.                                                    I digress....I have a full vented SLE sail and also had a full vented B.....yes I sold the B and kept the SLE....also, very important, the SLE can be the name of the kite only and will have a regular frame and NOT include those confounded tomato stakes they used back in the day....hence the SLE (rods) name.

Either/or ya got yourself a nice kite....now the fun stuff... If you`ve saved 80 bux on this kite you are now 80 bux closer to your next kite as it is virtually impossible have only one (or two or...), or there is that other lineset/bulk spool, frame???

bt

• Like 1

The Classic comes with the reflex uprights AND the standard uprights. The additional parts and "newer" design features are the difference in cost. You can save $80 now by buying the B, and if you get the urge someday to try the reflex setup you can purchase the reflex-style uprights separately and get some velcro at the hardware store and stick or sew it into position. It's well below rocket science level.

• Like 1

To answer 1 question - the venting on the 'B" is slightly more than a vented SLE sail. Look closely, and you will see that the vented panels are ever so smaller on the SLE. 

Agree with riff - 'B" pros were almost always a special order item. Most fliers liked to pick their own color combos. There were a few standard combos that some stores might have gotten as display pieces. But I'm guessing those were gone pretty fast.

• Like 1