KiteLife Forum

Can anyone I D these kites?

BobL

bought 2 used kites a few days ago, a Blue Moon, unknown model and a Level One, unknown model. the owner just didnt click with them so theyve been in storage for some years. he demo-ed them both and they do all the tricks...the Moonie has a 95" span, leading edges 63.5", spine 36", stand-offs (2 per side) 10.25" weight 11.5oz

the Level One has a 90" span, leading edges 61.5", spine 38", stand-offs inner 11.5", outer 10.75"weight 11.25 oz, red Level One tag on inside of spine below center T, center T is aluminum, kite bag says "Made in Heaven"

any help is appreciated, thanks

003.JPG

bought 2 used kites a few days ago, a Blue Moon, unknown model and a Level One, unknown model. the owner just didnt click with them so theyve been in storage for some years. he demo-ed them both and they do all the tricks...the Moonie has a 95" span, leading edges 63.5", spine 36", stand-offs (2 per side) 10.25" weight 11.5oz
the Level One has a 90" span, leading edges 61.5", spine 38", stand-offs inner 11.5", outer 10.75"weight 11.25 oz, red Level One tag on inside of spine below center T, center T is aluminum, kite bag says "Made in Heaven"
003.thumb.JPG.e80297af841b4e92c989e7247fabdcec.JPG
Blue Moon looks like a Mantis

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8705F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

thanks cerfvoliste

i found some specs  for the Mantis on the web that match my quick measurements of the kite, also read several positive reviews...unless Ken made other models with the same  measurementts as the mantis, then i guess a mantis it is.

hopefully the Level One will be as easy

6 hours ago, BobL said:

003.JPG

Definitely a Mantis. 

015_BlueMoonKitesMantisUL.jpg

Check the tail strap on the back side of the spine for more identifying information. 

Mine is a UL. Black Diamond 3pt lower spreaders, P200 spine, P100 lower leading edge. Sorry, don't want to de-spar the kite to see what the upper leading edge is, but that should be enough to figure out if you have a UL or standard. 

• Thanks 1