KiteLife Forum

First built = First lost

riffclown

So I've done something on the lowest end of the smart scale. My original mesh, made with the Blue & Black Gomberg Tails and a Lime Leading edge has been misplaced along with a set of handles and 35' lines. I'm not sure I've even flown it this year. I have no idea where I left it unless I left it at Jockey's Ridge last year, or loaned it out and forgot to ask for it back..  Jockey's Ridge is the last time I remember taking it out of the bag.

YES it was made with duct tape, Gomberg Tails and Arrow Shafts BUT this is the kite that began my kite making adventure and it was rock solid when everything else was getting squirrely due to the gusts. It was sail #1. (of 74 so far)

Of course, I'll remake the color design using modern materials and techniques but this kite taught me a lot about how forgiving the Shook mesh and original Hadzicki wing shape really is. It was still my "go to" when others were taking cover. I don't mind the lost investment. I do wish I could recover the lost personal history.

Money wise, The handles and lines were worth far more than the kite. Memory wise it's the kite that's just not replaceable. Bummer

x-bridles.jpg