KiteLife Forum

DOWN ........BUT NOT OUT....!

Wayne Dowler

Sorry to have been quiet for so long, but life has dealt me a setback. I will be getting a new replacement hip on Thursday. Something about my body is rejecting the replacement I had done in 2009. The doctor isn't sure what he will find until he gets in there and sees for himself. I'm not kidding when I say I'm a little nervous about this. When they were replaced them before, I knew why. This time - not so sure..... 

Any way, I thought I'd keep you up on the latest and promise to post as soon as I am able.

Fingers crossed and all that......

Wayne

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Healing pretty well so far. Swelling is going down in my operated leg. PT has given me exercises to strengthen the leg and increase flexibility. Got a dr appointment to remove staples and assess things. Looking forward to being able to put more weight on it. Gradual improvement......

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

So latest update:

All fixed! Good to go! Just need to build up some coordination and endurance in the leg. May even salvage a little outdoor flying this year!! If not, at least indoors.

For all of you that had me in their thoughts - Thank you!

• Like 5
  • Like 1