KiteLife Forum

Leading Edge Video??

riffclown

I have to make 6 Leading edges over the next few days and wonder if would there be any interest in a Leading Edge video construction?? The construction techniques might be useful to some..

(My exact measurements wouldn't be useful to most because of the way I make kites)

• Like 1

That would be cool even for us non builders, as it is interesting to see craftpeople/artisans/artists....pick one or all....demonstrating their skills.

it can give us even more of an appreciation of our kites and adds a/the human touch. I remember "sugarbaker's" super detailed build vids on the GWTW site that were quite fascinating. iirc Steve Tapp (rip....what a person!!!) had some cool stuff as well. What's even better is when you have in your possession a kite that you've seen being built!!!!

bt

btw you don't have to give us your exact measurements....as mentioned above....lol

OK You know what I meant.. I put together the first Leading Edge and grabbed some video.. I'll get it cobbled together for you..

Upon further reflection that video is not very clear (was kind of dark) You deserve better. More soon.

16 hours ago, riffclown said:

OK here is a first try.. I know there is a typo on the first screen.. I will get a better one out soon. Speed is 300%   Real time took just over 30 minutes

This was for a 72" LE.. Will be making a full 1.5 size this afternoon. perhaps better video then..