KiteLife Forum

Bridal activators on ITW Hydra

Mike Eibey

Has anyone happened to add activator lines to any of their kite bridals and if so how did you like the response?

I have a KHK Skyscraper which is awesome to fly and loves being half axled into a fade, but my Hydra seems very finicky about this move.

It seems to want to turn nose to the side when I pull it onto its back and toward me from any flare position. 

I just added activator lines from up haul to inhaul yesterday to see if that will ease this transition. 

I'll let you know how it goes but any advice on this move with the kite would be greatly appreciated!

20200828_172107.jpg

That's where I was getting the idea from. Figured it was worth a shot messing with a few bridal mods and seeing the response.

The kite just seems to need to be pulled nuts on perfectly into the fade or it over rotates left or right and rolls out.

6 hours ago, Mike Eibey said:

That's where I was getting the idea from. Figured it was worth a shot messing with a few bridal mods and seeing the response.

The kite just seems to need to be pulled nuts on perfectly into the fade or it over rotates left or right and rolls out.

You have entered a deep hole from which there is no escape. You will find that a change in one thing changes at least one other, and everything becomes a compromise. You must select which is the least relevant to your style and ignore its decline or absence.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The more I fly other kites, the more I like flying the Hydra. There's a certain tranquility it has in the air. It really is nice kite thats good at alot of tricks.

The bridle activators seem to make a minuscule difference in how it feels mainly on its back in my opinion.

I'm going to throw a cross bridal line and try the cross active setup just to see how it feels out of curiousty.

I ordered a new lower spreader today for it because I trashed the lower spreader in the most pathetic way. The internal furrell kept slipping too deep inside one of the rods so when I got home I went to super glue it in.

Unfortunately the furrell was really hard to slip in when it had glue on it then I suddenly buried in entirely into one of the spreader permanently. 😮 Live and learn. Haha