KiteLife Forum

This is Different

riffclown

True. Upgrade.

On 9/11/2020 at 10:43 AM, makatakam said:

Change for the sake of change? Seems more complicated and harder to distinguish components.

Updates are important for website stability and security, it had been quite a while. 😎

As for more complicated, etc, it's the same general reaction with every major update just like operating systems - it'll settle in for you with usage. 🙏🏻

Chat module stands alone, just haven't added the menu tag to the main template yet - it also needs an upgrade, will have to look at that before considering adding the forum menu again - it sees little to no use, not sure it's something I want to try to maintain moving forward.

Some things don't need improvement or change. For instance the pin "icon" in front of the pinned topic was fine. Why make it so small that I can barely see it. I already had it magnified so I could see things as my eyesight gets worse. I can cope with and am not complaining about improvements. I know things evolve. I don't like extra work that wasn't necessary. It's like having to put a new roof on your house because they painted a new yellow stripe down the middle of the street that didn't have one before. I don't need the additional work or expense. I'm of the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" frame of mind. I'm not looking for cuteness; I'm looking for function. A new coat of paint is good, but it's not needed if there's nothing wrong with the current coat. As an employer I would not be paying for the materials or labor costs of having my employees doing "busy work". I don't want busy; I want productive.

Sorry about this rant, but I see too much "busy work" lately in general throughout the world, and not enough of labor that produces desirable results.

• Like 1