KiteLife Forum

Non Rev like quads

Sardonycus

Well if ya got the loot then they all could be fun and maybe worth buying. I have met some folks who didn't take to a "Rev" type sailed kite but liked a Spirit or Deca better. At one time I was a huge Deca fan especially the zero wind ones...but they are all gone and my Rev collection is still here.

However there is a reason why the Rev type sailed quads....Revs, Djinn, OSK, Riffclown, etc. will always be the benchmark....they just endure and work.

bt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love to fly my Stealth from cengel-kites.de. The Stealth is a trick machine, which has a similar flight behaviour as a Rev - if you like. By changing the bridle (other knots and removing the "activator") it becomes a trick kite.

Look here youtu.be/ and here facebook.com/bunduki.vlieger

52 minutes ago, mebeatee said:

However there is a reason why the Rev type sailed quads....Revs, Djinn, OSK, Riffclown, etc. will always be the benchmark....they just endure and work.

Yes, Revs will always be my go to kites. Just wanted to try something different. Riffclown is making me a custom rev- can't wait 😀

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, riffclown said:
2 hours ago, Sardonycus said:

Yes, I have a 5 meter Crossfire that tried to kill me. 

LOVE my HQ Crossfires..Also the 8M Toxic is a sail to be respected..but those are all powerkites and INTENDED to move the flier in some form.

True. I used it for a land board on the beach. The crossfire's are fun kites, but I'd recommend replacing the cheap HQ kitekillers. I NEVER let go of the handles so I never thought I would ever use them. When you're hovering 6 feet off the ground looking at the parking lot, you have to let go of the handles 😂. The kitekillers instantly ripped away from the wristbands. 

I'd rather go retrieve the kite than call an Ambulance.. ;)  I attach my Kite killers to the brake bridles rather than the handles.. It collapses the kite a bit better. TBH, I don't powerkite much any more.. Not nearly as resilient as I used to be.. Probably should consider selling them at some point..

On 10/3/2020 at 5:53 PM, Sardonycus said:

Are there any non rev like quads like Volksquad, HQ Meteor, Vamp Devil, Fulcrum, etc. that are fun and worth buying? 

Good Morning 

I'm New here and fresh from the UK.  I bought the  HQ Meteoas an Introduction to Quad Line Stunt Kites after many years Flying my Delta's.  I think it is a Great Sail and Very Forgiving for a Novice like myself.

Kit was very good value for money.

Stay Safe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sardonycus said:

Hey Niell G, thanks for the info. I'm really curious about the meteor, but can find zero information on it. It's probably the most inexpensive quad on the market right now. Is the sail flat or does it have more of a 3D shape? 

When I was looking I didn't want to pay out on A Rev to find that I didn't get on with a Quad.  Looking on eBay and the UK online Shops I stumbled across the Meteor.  I couldn't find a Single Video if it in Flight but kind of fell for the Retro Black and White Colour Scheme.

Glad I got this to Try out Quad Line Flying, bit Windy today in Cambridge to go out and Play 😔