KiteLife Forum

Nirvana 3E fluke

NateyLB

So I bought an N3E off of Stunt Kites Garage Facebook group and it’s been about 2 weeks over the time that the guy told me it was going to come and it’s been quite some time since he’s been replying, I’m fully ready to except the fact that I got scammed. Not really upset about the money just upset that I don’t get a new killer kite to fly. With that being said, what do I get now?  A Lam? A benson? A BMK? Order a Nirvana 1E from R-Sky?

• Thanks 1

Man I really hope you get that kite. That'd be really lame if someone is scamming like that.

I too would really love a nirvana but they're hard to come by locally and I can't commit to the shipping from overseas yet.

I just bought a Dream Machine SUL from Lam and will say its an amazing kite. It tracks perfectly straight, tricks very easy, and its just a blast to fly. It makes me look better than I am. 😀

Lam goes way above and beyond in his communications and sale to you. You can tell its not about the sales to him but advancing the sport.

His kites are a bit pricey but I'd say worth the price all things considered  and he ships pretty quick too.

But if you get that nirvana let me know if it lives up to the hype. Lams kites definitly live up to the hype.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mike Eibey said:

Man I really hope you get that kite. That'd be really lame if someone is scamming like that.

I too would really love a nirvana but they're hard to come by locally and I can't commit to the shipping from overseas yet.

I just bought a Dream Machine SUL from Lam and will say its an amazing kite. It tracks perfectly straight, tricks very easy, and its just a blast to fly. It makes me look better than I am. 😀

Lam goes way above and beyond in his communications and sale to you. You can tell its not about the sales to him but advancing the sport.

His kites are a bit pricey but I'd say worth the price all things considered  and he ships pretty quick too.

But if you get that nirvana let me know if it lives up to the hype. Lams kites definitly live up to the hype.

No one was home to get it and they sent it back to the UK lol. It’s coming next Friday. I’m excited. I’ll let you know how it goes. There’s a guy that that flies out where I do that has a full set of nirvanas. 
I think my next few kites are going to be a lam, a blue moon, and a benson. There’s so many good kites to buy. My friend has 100+ dual line sport kites. 
Does your dream machine have a black sail with green red and yellow? 

First, that sucks.  I hope it’s just a fluke. 

That said, your list of alternatives is a seriously broad swath.  

Ignore the BMK videos you see.  His kites are, first and foremost, precise and competition oriented.  Whoever is flying that Tsuru is a god.  Ken builds some of the finest kites you can buy.  They are beautifully designed and built.  They are not freestyle kites that give away tricks, though.  (I have a Mamba and a Mako)

Benson is the other end of the spectrum.  They are made to be tossed around and the tricks are all there, ready to flow from one to the next.  With the exception of the Gemini, they can cut a descent corner, but that’s not the goal.  They are possibly the BEST made kites.  Tim doesn’t miss a stitch.  Every detail is right.  (I have Minigem and a Deep Space)

R-Sky, particularly the Nirvana, will try to do it all.  Not as graceful as a BMK, not as tricky as a Benson.  And you didn’t hear it from me, but not as well made as either.  They are good kites, but lack the craftsmanship of the other builders.  (I have OG Frenezy and Krystal FX Std and LW)

I’ve only ever touched one Sky Sport offering.  I have an ATM, which is Lam’s working man’s model.  He doesn’t make them himself.  (rumor I heard was they are built by a friend of his back in Viet Nam ... may or may not be true)  it’s a super fun kite, though, and does a great job at being really precise and still crazy trickable.  I really click with it.

Does that help?

18 minutes ago, NateyLB said:

No one was home to get it and they sent it back to the UK lol. It’s coming next Friday. I’m excited. I’ll let you know how it goes. There’s a guy that that flies out where I do that has a full set of nirvanas. 
I think my next few kites are going to be a lam, a blue moon, and a benson. There’s so many good kites to buy. My friend has 100+ dual line sport kites. 
Does your dream machine have a black sail with green red and yellow? 

Back to the UK! 😲Man you'd think they'd atleast leave a note first to arrage a pickup or something. Glad to here it's all good though.

The Benson kites look and sound amazing as Zuul mentioned. I'd love to put a deepspace in my kite bag.

That or a nirvana will probably be my next. Now to figure out a way to justify another kite to my wife. 🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, Zuul said:

Ignore the BMK videos you see.  His kites are, first and foremost, precise and competition oriented.  Whoever is flying that Tsuru is a god.  Ken builds some of the finest kites you can buy.  They are beautifully designed and built.  They are not freestyle kites that give away tricks, though.  (I have a Mamba and a Mako)

Benson is the other end of the spectrum.  They are made to be tossed around and the tricks are all there, ready to flow from one to the next.  With the exception of the Gemini, they can cut a descent corner, but that’s not the goal.  They are possibly the BEST made kites.  Tim doesn’t miss a stitch.  Every detail is right.  (I have Minigem and a Deep Space)

R-Sky, particularly the Nirvana, will try to do it all.  Not as graceful as a BMK, not as tricky as a Benson.  And you didn’t hear it from me, but not as well made as either.  They are good kites, but lack the craftsmanship of the other builders.  (I have OG Frenezy and Krystal FX Std and LW)

I’ve only ever touched one Sky Sport offering.  I have an ATM, which is Lam’s working man’s model.  He doesn’t make them himself.  (rumor I heard was they are built by a friend of his back in Viet Nam ... may or may not be true)  it’s a super fun kite, though, and does a great job at being really precise and still crazy trickable.  I really click with it.

Does that help?

Great thing about flying in Berkeley is that most of these kites are accessible to try before I buy lol. There’s a M3 coming soon. 
Rob said I shouldn’t outgrow the nirvana anytime soon but we all wanna add a new kite to our bag all the time right? I think the next one getting put in my bag is a deep space. I’m starting to be able to hit a lot of tricks in a fast succession, want something really tricky. I think Highline has a purple std so no waiting for Tim to build and ship one from across the pond. I know there’s a couple Geminis and an outer space there. 

I spoke to lam maybe 3 weeks ago? I was just about to buy an ATM. He gets them from flying wings in Taiwan. I ended up getting a shadow instead because i didn’t want to be down for a couple weeks waiting for the ATM SUL to be made and be not flying while there was UL winds. 

2 minutes ago, Mike Eibey said:

Back to the UK! 😲Man you'd think they'd atleast leave a note first to arrage a pickup or something. Glad to here it's all good though.

The Benson kites look and sound amazing as Zuul mentioned. I'd love to put a deepspace in my kite bag.

That or a nirvana will probably be my next. Now to figure out a way to justify another kite to my wife. 🤣🤣🤣

I’m with you on the deep space Mike. I’ve been watching the trick or treat videos the last couple days and my want for a benson is very heightened right now.

Lmao I’m in the same boat. I’m not allowed to buy a kite for 4 months, supposed to be 6 but she’s being nice. I acquired 5 kites in 2 months. 

32 minutes ago, Mike Eibey said:

Haha. It's hard to justify another kite to someone who doesn't fly. To them its just a different color kite. 😆

She flies too lol. She just knows that I have a large wind range covered so I shouldn’t be buying another kite lol. She doesn’t trick though so it’s hard to explain the quirks and nuances of different kites. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mike Eibey said:

Well atleast you got a refund.

What made you decide on the deepspace? My next kite will more than likely be a benson but can't decide deepspace or supernova.

This is why I’m going with a deep space. 

On 10/9/2020 at 10:12 PM, Zuul said:

Does that help?

Zuul flies close to my home field and makes his own kites too so I trust his words. Deep space is classic. Watching trick or treat got me wanting a deep space too. And my LKS has a deep space STD and I’d much rather buy all my kites from there than online.  

And now I’m also sad I’m not getting the nirvana so I need a new kite this weekend and it seems like the deep space is the coolest kite that he currently has that I can pickup.

Man I wish there was good kite stores near where I'm at.

The deepspace sounds great. I was just never really sure if the nova was an improvement above the deepspace or if its better suited toward precision over tricking.

Newer model usually sounds better, just not sure if it really means it'll give up tricks easier. 

I just watched the supernova video in the benson site. Taz cascades and coiln tosses look really cool on it but I didn’t see it roll I’ll and it doesn’t look like there are stoppers in the picture online. So I’m not too sure about yo-yo based stuff in this kite. I’m sure you could install stoppers. Deep space is a roll up machine. JB rolled one up like 30 something times and unrolled.

Get an ATM to match your dream machine? 

Just now, jaydub200 said:

The SuperNova rolls up just fine.  Arguably easier than the Deep Space.  I always found the front flip timing difficult on my DS, but I haven't owned a DS for a fair few years and my flying has hopefully moved on since.

Thanks. This was what I was looking for before buying a benson. 

8 minutes ago, Andy55 said:

I got a Deep Space about 8 weeks ago, it’s the best kite I ever had, I ordered a DS UL about 4 weeks ago, just awaiting for the ‘call’ now for it to be delivered.

Deep space it is

1 minute ago, Mike Eibey said:

They both sound like great kites. I'd like to know by someone who has flown both which one they really think is the better kite in terms of tricks. Yoyos, fades, slot machines, etc.  Which kite will make me look better. Haha

Can’t go wrong with two bensons lmao. 

• Like 2

I need my pocket book to match my kite bag desires. Haha I'm hoping to buy a Benson in about a month.

The Lam kite is really great and someday ill order another probably in Standard. For now though I like to get different tastes of different kite builders products.

Just ordered a Deepspace Standard today.

I really considered the Supernova but briefly talked with Tim Benson and he said that the deepspace is more suited to yoyo and backspin tricks and the Supernova is a bit more precision based with a deeper turtle.

He mentioned the deepspace having a noticeably shallower turtle than the Supernova so it can't do cyniques very easy were the Supernova can. 

But he did make it sound like the Deepspace was a bit better on the tricking side if the shallower turtle wasn't an issue. Personally the super deep turtle some kites have isn't always that enjoyable. I like more of a moderate turtle you can pull out of anytime and am willing to lose the ability to reverse a lazy susan to achieve that.

Really looking forward to getting this new kite on the lines.

Finally got a few solid yo fades and 540s on the hydra last night. Definitely adding feathers to my hat nearly every time I'm out.

I literally just sent benson an order trying to see how long it’ll take. My LKS didn’t have the deep space otherwise I would have bought today. 

also I just discovered my back seats fold down so I can transport a level one badass. So I’m stuck between the two. I allowed to buy one kite lmao. 

I don’t really like deep turtles it’s hard to get out of you gotta lazy out pop or half lazy fade barrel. The hydra sits shallow and is easy to get out just a little pop and you’re there. 

ive been flying with one thought now, fly the lines not the kite and it’s been helping me manage slack a lot more. My footwork has gotten a lot better.

yeah I’m getting a lot of tricks every time I’m out. Haven’t flown for a couple weeks since my SUL broke but I got new spaces so we are back up. Going to work on JLs soon. Idk why but that trick scares me. Yeah got some 540s the other day but I lost it. Yo lazy and fractured axel is getting solid in the hydra. I need to work on my 2 pops too. Hydra yo yos too easy. Makes me expect too much from other kites. 

I literally just sent benson an order trying to see how long it’ll take. My LKS didn’t have the deep space otherwise I would have bought today. 

also I just discovered my back seats fold down so I can transport a level one badass. So I’m stuck between the two. I allowed to buy one kite lmao. 

I don’t really like deep turtles it’s hard to get out of you gotta lazy out pop or half lazy fade barrel. The hydra sits shallow and is easy to get out just a little pop and you’re there. 

ive been flying with one thought now, fly the lines not the kite and it’s been helping me manage slack a lot more. My footwork has gotten a lot better.

yeah I’m getting a lot of tricks every time I’m out. Haven’t flown for a couple weeks since my SUL broke but I got new spars so we are back up. Going to work on JLs soon. Idk why but that trick scares me. Yeah got some 540s the other day but I lost it. Yo lazy and fractured axel is getting solid in the hydra. I need to work on my 2 pops too. Hydra yo yos too easy. Makes me expect too much from other kites. I got some flic flags today. My fade is getting solid.