KiteLife Forum

Nirvana 3E fluke

NateyLB

Haha. I feel it. The hydra yoyos so well that no other kite i have comes anywhere near it.

I mean most will do a yoyo at the top of the window but the Hydra is the only kite where I can do just a small flare and give a solid pop and rotate it it one wrap and into the fade down low or anywhere really.

I too don't like the deep turtle very much so the deepspace sounded better to me. 

I'm still working on the jacobs ladder. 

The turtle is easy, the half lazy to fade is relatively easy in decent conditions, but that freaking fade to turtle transition is definitly my weak point.

My fade on the hydra is hands down my worst fade. I dont know why but it just seems so much more difficult to hold than any of my other kites. I hope I get it down solid though, that kite can we a real blast to fly when you clicking with it.

Yeah can fly at the top of the window pop and just give a good amount of slack and it’s rolled up.

fade on my shadow is more stable than the hydra.

I still need down yo yos and that’s the first step to a yo fade. I just really need to fly this week. I finally got a couple hours today and got my yo lazy a solid. And side unrolls.

hydra is weird I can’t feel how much tension to give or take. Need more time on the lines in fade. 

yeah my gf said she wants to buy me a kite this. Christmas so I told her level one badass or benson. Just told her the bensons are two months out lmao. 

I've heard good things about the badass but it's a bit odd looking in flight. It really bows as the sail fills but I believe its intentional. That being said jts definitly near the top of my list but the benson and nirvana are still the top 2 at the moment. I attempted to order a nirvana a couple months back from a guy in Europe, he told me he wasn't carrying RSky products at the moment but highly recommended getting the level one badass as it was available in the US.

The yo fade isn't too hard on the hydra. Just needs a light flare with a very firm pop and alot of slack. Then try to catch the fade. I haven't been able to do a downward yoyo on the hydra that I caught in normal flying position with a wrap.

Its either catch it in a fade or rotate it up and immediately rotate it out. Haha

maybe I’ll just order a n3e sail I have 6 5pts. Maybe order some nitros and frame her up. 

I’ll try that next time I’m out and theres some standard wind. I’m getting very sensitive to inputs and am starting to see how it should feel based on description. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NateyLB said:

maybe I’ll just order a n3e sail I have 6 5pts. Maybe order some nitros and frame her up. 

I’ll try that next time I’m out and theres some standard wind. I’m getting very sensitive to inputs and am starting to see how it should feel based on description. 

I was kinda wondering about doing that same thing before. But I wasn't sure if you needed to source all the connectors, bridal, bag, and obviously spars. Seems like id order atleast half the parts wrong 🤣 

Its like doing plumbing around the house. Can never just go to the hardware store once and have it work out perfect.

36 minutes ago, Andy55 said:

I don’t know about the US, but kite shops are few and far between now in the UK, used to be more about 10 years ago, most kite shops are now into power kites and kitesurfing.

I think out on the east coast of the US in the Carolinas that there are a few good kite manufacturers and retailers.

Here on the west coast, mainly Washington state their really isn't any kite shops around my area. 

Theirs the kite shoppe down south that everyone really loves, and Ocean Shores kites. 

Its a dying hobby I suppose. This next spring though I really want to go take a couple kite boarding lessons and get into that also.

• Like 1