KiteLife Forum

What are the limitations of the prism quantum

Elias

8 hours ago, Elias said:

Do you think it is possible to do a yo-yo for example on the Prism quantum? 

Possible? Sure. Prism even has a yo-yo stopper kit for the Quantum. It makes it easier, but isn't strictly required.

The kite can handle all the standard tricks. It is somewhat heavier and slower than many trick-centric kites which can make some tricks easier to learn. Slow and weighted means forgiving response times and requiring bigger input, mistakes are recoverable. 

The bigger question is if YOU can do the tricks. 

4 hours ago, frob said:

Prism even has a yo-yo stopper kit for the Quantum

Just to clarify, the kit is meant for the Quantum pro. Sure, you can put them on a standard quantum, but no directions are given on where on the leading edge to place them or how to modify the sail to accommodate them. 

the Quantum was my 2nd kite, the one i learned how to fly around without crashing too much. i eventually gave it to one of my sons for his first kite as i moved on to more technical, trick kites. fast forward a year and we are flying at the beach in June this year...im struggling to get good looking half axels on my Hydra, so i trade kites with my son and proceeded to get perfect looking half axels, one after another on the Quantum...so yes the Quantum will trick, it seemed a lot more forgiving of my sloppy inputs than my Hydra and even my Widow Makers...i guess that means i need another kite...a Quantum. if i remember correctly the yo yo stopper goes 2/5's of the way down the leading edge from the nose.