KiteLife Forum

Shoreline parking

Sardonycus

I know of places called "Shoreline" in Washington, California, Texas, Michigan, and Florida. There are likely many more.  Care to be more specific?

/Edit. Just noticed your profile says "Santa Clara, CA".  Important detail, there.

Oh no, is there a high likelihood of the parking lot being full on the weekends now? I've always been unsure about parking in that big lot outside the gate. Sometimes it seems roped off, sometimes there are cars there. 🤷‍♀️  And sorry, I don't have an answer to your question. 

Well, parking is no longer the biggest problem at Shoreline.  

The golf cart guy came by today to let me know that you can now only fly from the grass.  PG&E doesn’t want kites in their lines and threatened the park with ... I don’t know what.  So, forget finding space between the Costco kites on weekends.  I don’t know what’s going to happen to the buggy and board guys.  They won’t be welcome there at all anymore.  

Is there anyplace else in the South Bay to fly?

For parking, take the last right just before the shoreline entrance. The is a dog park on the left with a parking lot. Go all the way to the end of the lot and take the path up to the flying field. The signs say parking for dog park only, but.....

I have seen single line kites caught in the power lines when people let go of the line. It would be hard to get a multi line up there since they tend to fall out of the sky when the lines are dropped.

Sent from my iPad using KiteLife mobile app

On 10/31/2020 at 4:57 PM, Zuul said:

The golf cart guy came by today to let me know that you can now only fly from the grass.  PG&E doesn’t want kites in their lines and threatened the park with ... I don’t know what.

I was there today and all seems to be well. Buggy guy was there and people were flying in the dirt area. 

7 hours ago, DavidB said:

For parking, take the last right just before the shoreline entrance. The is a dog park on the left with a parking lot. Go all the way to the end of the lot and take the path up to the flying field. The signs

Totally forgot about this spot. I think that I've parked there before a long time ago. It's small though. 

On 10/31/2020 at 4:57 PM, Zuul said:

The golf cart guy came by today to let me know that you can now only fly from the grass.  PG&E doesn’t want kites in their lines and threatened the park with ... I don’t know what

It seems that this is a thing now. Oddly, myself and 3 other quad flyers were flying in the dirt area yesterday evening and nobody said anything to us. Maybe it won't be enforced? 

20201108_075212_01.jpg