KiteLife Forum

New Perspective Mesh (Cool Colors)

riffclown

I need to have a 72" Perspective Mesh in my bag as a reference kite (the original one moved on before I had time to write  everything down.)

Silver, Royal Blue,Lt Blue, Dark Blue, Teal, Caribbean Blue, Cedar, Forest, Flo Green Flo Yellow. Will weave it all in of course but wanted to lay out the basic thoughts..

20201025_135735.jpg

• Like 1

OK the meshing is sewn and I think the angles are close enough. The Bottom corners are not attached to each other, So I'll have the ability to get everything perfectly flat before solidifying that point.. LE will be Royal Blue. Still deciding on Edge Binding. thinking blue though. I may add another strip to each side to support the outer edge. Silver the most likely candidate in that case.

20201031_085054.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After a ton of chasing the shape, this kite will be a flag.  I missed an angle early on and did not check symmetry before sewing.. That one angle throws off the shape of the sail by over an inch.. Yes I could finish it and yes I could make it fly. Bottom line, it's not a kite that I would buy so it's not a kite I would sell.  This one will be a flag..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...