KiteLife Forum

Kitelife IRC

I think there should be a kitelife irc chat. Those of us familiar with irc could connect with our preferred client and John could add an irc java app to the front page for those without. Most multiclient chat clients handle irc such as trillian, gaim, fire, adium and the like.

Realtime chat would be pretty cool :)

Id suggest freenode or dalnet as a server for this particular chat. :)

• 1 month later...

The problem I'm running into is time limitations... So much on my plate right now, I don't see having the time to do this myself until December.

If one of you can do the actual set up, I'll be happy to take a look and put the Kitelife stamp on it if it meets my approval.

I love the chat idea, just having trouble getting around to it.

• 1 month later...

i am hopeing to see a chat room that would be great unless any of you have yahoo instant messenger thats the best way i chat with a few of my fellow kite fliers most in my area anybody want to join me there im under the handle (revblast)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say it was a success. It's the same chat our kite club uses at www.ikeclub.org. We just haven't decided to go public with it or not. Right now we use it among the moderators for a quick decision on something.

Mike Kory brought up the point about a live chat and over using it, none of the chat is archived like a regular forum, so there is not really a way to find any info on it. It is a very useful addition to any forum, and I think we may start seeing live chats on other forums to come.