KiteLife Forum

Decisions... Decisions... which Rev to buy??? Suggestions appreciated

Quad Nut

I think I've made up my mind and am going to purchase a new kite....  I'll play with the one I have but I figured I may as well buy a new set up.  

This decision has of course brought hours of reading and comparing the various Rev Kits.  I don't plan to do any team flying but I do enjoy the ability to do precision moves but I am a speed freak!  

So I'm looking for some suggestions on which Rev to go with.  I live in PA and our average wind speed where I live is between 7 and 15 mph. 

I think I've narrowed it down between the Rev Blast Stunk Kite and the Reflex RX.  

Even if it's not one of the two I'm looking at I would appreciate any input or suggestions that anyone has.

Thanks again~

Good morning!  Congratulations on your decision!  My first REV was an EXP.  I then got a New York Minute.  I also have a 1.5 Barresi model.  I had spent a few years learning wind dynamics on various duel line Deltas.  Look at the budget you have in mind.  I now have a Djinn, which I call a Ferrari!  Keep taking to us in this forum!  Watch John’s training videos!  Be well! Happy flying! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quad Nut said:

I think I've made up my mind and am going to purchase a new kite....  I'll play with the one I have but I figured I may as well buy a new set up.  

This decision has of course brought hours of reading and comparing the various Rev Kits.  I don't plan to do any team flying but I do enjoy the ability to do precision moves but I am a speed freak!  

So I'm looking for some suggestions on which Rev to go with.  I live in PA and our average wind speed where I live is between 7 and 15 mph. 

I think I've narrowed it down between the Rev Blast Stunk Kite and the Reflex RX.  

Even if it's not one of the two I'm looking at I would appreciate any input or suggestions that anyone has.

Thanks again~

Consider other brands as well. Djinn, Phoenix, Freilein all bring things to the table that Rev just doesn't offer.

Djinn brings a unique Bridle and flying characteristics to the table. It also has reinforcements at points Rev just doesn't offer even though it was requested by the customers frequently.

The Phoenix is made by one of Rev's ex-masterpiece makers and Offers several designs which also have the reinforcements Rev chose not to do.

Freilein is simply the highest QC'd mass produced kite I've ever seen. I have yet to find an out of place stitch on one.

I'd pick any o f these over Rev standard offers any day of the week.. If you really want to get a Rev, buy used.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

If you do go with Rev, I may recommend spending time with a New York Minute (either full sail or single vent) and after you've got some time under your belt and you are no longer a "reactionary" pilot, *then* i would move to either a Blast or Super Sonic for your speed. Supersonic has more speed and less pull, Blast has heavy pull and decent speed but does come with extra frame.