KiteLife Forum

Prism Zephyr spine weight

DannyB

I've read and re-read the instructional pamphlet that came with my close-out Zephyr late last year (2019), but I can't figure out how to attach the removable spine weight. Does the little shaft on it get crammed into the same pocket as the spine? I can't figure out how to fit it in there.

Any tips - or better yet, a photo?

(Bonus points if you can describe the process without causing the temptation to cut loose with a "that's what she said.")

1 hour ago, DannyB said:

That's what it says in the pamphlet. But there's no room to slide it in because the spine is already in there!

Hi, Danny.

Pulled out my Zephyr and I think in stock form the spine has a vinyl end cap on the end of it. Pull or gently pry that off, and the shaft of the weight assembly slides right into the spine. And Bob's your uncle. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2021 at 9:54 PM, midibot said:

Hi, Danny.

Pulled out my Zephyr and I think in stock form the spine has a vinyl end cap on the end of it. Pull or gently pry that off, and the shaft of the weight assembly slides right into the spine. And Bob's your uncle. 

Bob IS my uncle, and that was the trick - I didn't even think to pull off that end cap. Adding the weight makes it an entirely different kite. What fun!

• Like 1

Glad it worked for you.

And would like to thank you for causing me to bring the kite up out of the pile. Hadn't flown it in a while and had a couple of good flights with it since it was out anyways...

I gather that the kite has been discontinued, which is a bit sad (though see some still being sold at various sites).