KiteLife Forum

No brand labels on frame

leen

Hello, 

I wonder, there is a guy who offers me two very old Revs, a Revolution 1 T300 Pro series, and a early EXP. Both in nice condition, given their age. Though i saw there were no Revolution brand labels on the rods, this guy claims they are the original ones. To be honest they look like Rev rods, but i am not sure. Is it possible he could be right? 😕

They are just stickers but I'll be honest, I've never had one come off and I have some very old Gold Label rods that sat in hot and cold storage, hot cars etc..

Never tried taking the stickers off but...

IMO (and it's only my opinion), if the stickers were removed it would have had to have been intentional. I'm not saying the rods aren't real since these models pre-date my experiences with Rev. It's possible they shipped some early ones without labels. I don't honestly know.

I seem to recall that my early vintage EXPs came with plain rods or rods with EXP stickers on them. They were all 3 wraps whether they were plain with no labels or labelled EXP. Unfortunately my EXPs are in storage so I am unable to check or provide photos.

Cheers

Stephen

I have a few Revolutions and if i get this EXP within three weeks, i will compare the rods with the ones i have with labels. And i do have a 3 wrap too, so it will be possible. I am only not sure if this guy will still willing to sell the kite, because it's still on sale for two weeks. Nobody is interested though. We'll live to see. 😉 

I know that when Rev "changed" models in the 1.5 size, frames stayed the same however sticker labels did change, so maybe there some without labels during that change. By this I mean the original Rev 1.5 standard had labelled 3 wrap rods. When the design "split" into the SLE and EXP, then further with the B's et al, the general frame was 3 wrap, except the SLE rods. Then there was a change when labels got printed rather than being a sticker......could be some escapeez....

Yay....a Rev 1!!! Sail/panel pattern? btw the rods in the Rev 1 may be 4 wrap??? For me the Rev 1 size has always been my fav!!!! My fav Rev is a "Cool" Sedgwick 1 w/2 wrap, tied with a Robertshaw 1 with a race and some fancy diamond frame. The Sedg Rev 1 is the only one of many Revz with only 1 frame. All the rest except for the 2's have a 2 wrap plus something else...3's, race, 4.

All either stickered or printed labels....

bt

There are no dimensions mentioned in this discussion - Like the average value of a series of caliper measurements of the inner/outer diameter and wall thickness (and tube length). Whether this is because of people in general not having a caliper at home, that is considered bad practice to share too much data on non-open designs or if feeling unhappy about not knowing about the legal aspects (or just being aware of the unsymmetrical relationship between a private person versus a company) I don't know. Nonetheless, without the dimensions the discussion becomes quite limited.

Rev 1 spares "T-300 REVOLUTION EQUIPPED" have the stickers under the last epoxy layer so is no way to be taken of by accident and if is intentional the "sticker area" will have a different thickness including a different feel at thatching. EXP rods no matter what year will have printed on and covered with last layer of epoxy two or three feeders depending of what was originally provided. 

The spares what do not have any Rev sticker or feeders means are not REVOLUTION spares and probably are one of the no name brands witch make them at the thickness and length of branded ones. almost for sure they are have a different general look and weight