KiteLife Forum

Revolution Kite

Nigel GF

I have 2 Revolution KItes ,both B series, I was looking to buy a New Revolution Kite , I have been looking at the Reflex XX  and the Tarantula XX.  not sure which is the best out of the 2 , any advice would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks Nigel

18 hours ago, Bunduki Vlieger said:

Me too ;)

Me too. I had a little chat with Mr. Hadzicki (Revolutions in Japan! Super Masters Take it to the next Level! - YouTube), but it don't look they are taking the older models back in production again. I had an RX, but trade it for an old B-serie because it didn't fly as I like. Now i am not a huge fan of the reflex system, but that can be just me. I am very disappointed they stopped the production of older models, so I guess my next kite will be a Detox or a Djinn.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, leen said:

so I guess my next kite will be a Detox or a Djinn.

I love the Djinn and the Detox. Both are really great Kites. 

Do you have the opportunity to go to the Brouwersdam? I'm sure you'll find a few pilots there who would be happy to let you test fly a Djinn/Detox.

• Like 1

Brouwerdam is the place I fly most of the time, though I have a perfect spot near my place. But I am sure these kites suit me better. I briefly considered buying a super Tarantula, but given my experience with the RX I skipped that idea. Sometimes there is a Rev meeting at Brouwersdam and I will ask if there is anybody so kind to let me fly one of the kites.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bunduki Vlieger said:

I love the Djinn and the Detox. Both are really great Kites. 

Do you have the opportunity to go to the Brouwersdam? I'm sure you'll find a few pilots there who would be happy to let you test fly a Djinn/Detox.

I like the Djinn as well but these days I mostly just make my own..

I made a few myself too, but i do think you need a Rev frame to make it fly good. In one i used Skyshark P90 and that works also very good. All together it is almost the same price as buying a Rev, so it is mainly a hobby. 😁

Me?

Nope. I'm a fan of Pedro González (Los Hermanos Show Kites). They print in-house (in Spain) and not in China. I like that. Plus, the service is top notch and the prices are very good as well. Their new Detox 2021 costs 290,00 Euro.

But there are some kite builders who have their sails printed through Polo. And they like the quality!

• Like 1

Vielen Dank Bunduki Vlieger, I am still in doubt what choice to make. Usually there is no wind, or you have to put out an anchor to stand and i I am well equipped for little wind, so in that case the Polo comes well vented. But i still have a month or two to think it over. 

On 2/24/2021 at 10:19 AM, leen said:

Have any of you ever tried a Revopolo? They sure look great and for 330 euro colorized. I have never seen one in real life though. 

why you will pay 300 Euro for Revpolo (1 panel printed) when the same amount is a Phoenix and Djinn multipaneled customizable more stretch resistant ? just because is closer to your house ? color choices ? better sail ? better bridle ?

I do not say Revpolo are not good kites but....what is a good kite after all ? for me a good kite is to not stretch to much, bridle give me more adjustments liberty, frame options in different weights and reaction and many others more.

I am not affiliated with John or Bazzer and definitely not against Revpolo, this is just mi opinion and I do not contest any others choices, I just wander why but nobody's explaining  

• Like 1

Hello Edmond, 

A good kite is one that meets the buyer's expectations i.m.o.

8 hours ago, Edmond Dragut said:

just because is closer to your house ?

There are a few things to consider when buying a kite in America. Firstly, there are import duties and taxes, which together add up to a third of the price. (20% tax and 10% import duties) Both the Detox and the Revopolo come from the EU, so you do not have high surcharges on them. Second, the Revopolo and Detox both look good. And thirdly, most spare parts of them are easily available here, should something go wrong. For example; i ordered two green race frames (not the travel ones) in early December, and am still waiting for delevery. So it's NOT i don't want to buy something in America.

8 hours ago, Edmond Dragut said:

why you will pay 300 Euro for Revpolo (1 panel printed) when the same amount is a Phoenix and Djinn multipaneled customizable more stretch resistant ?

I haven't come across any Djinn or Bazzer here yet, but our kite shops are closed due Corona for three months now, so I haven't really been able to orientate myself. I prefer to take a Revolution, they are simply available here, but those are only ligh wind or the new (Reflex) models and I don't want them. Yes, and then the choice becomes a bit limited and you have to look for something else. Hence my search.

7 hours ago, Edmond Dragut said:

color choices ? better sail ? better bridle ?

I know nothing about the quality of these kites, that is why i ask here. The reason why i prefer a older type of Revolution is because i know those are of good quality and meet my expectations. But since those are no longer available here, I'm looking for something similar.

These are my considerations, but of course I cannot speak for everyone.

Sorry for any language errors btw.

• Like 1

Great explanation from your point of view, thank you but...do you know that John (Djinn) and Bazzer(Phoenix) are probably the main reasons for Revolution kites to be where are now? yes Revolution is what you may know but both Djinn and Phoenix are with some levels on top of because they continued to improve and develop the sail ? Do you know they added solutions that make the sail more resistant to regular wear and tear ?

Especially now with all kite stores closed I think is the moment to expand a bit your search and at lest to considerate this kites for future. you may be right about taxes but parts are the same like all others bowtie shape brands, same caps, same spars same bungees.

A months ago I received a brand new kite from Bazzer from Australia and in the past I also had orders in Europa and China so you are right "A good kite is one that meets the buyer's expectations"

• Like 1

I really don't doubt your argument in any way Edmond. I only know John from the videos on YouTube, but he is a hell of a Master kiter, and not only with four lines. 😉 And when the moment is there i am sure to try both of them. Thank you for your advice and substantiation. I really appreciate it.

• Like 1