KiteLife Forum

For sale

flgrit

Hi kite community!  I have recently come into ownership of a lot of stunt kites. From old to new and from small to large. I have 3 bags of kites that I want them all to find a happy home and be used and appreciated. If there is anyone that is looking for more information or interested in purchasing any of them please get in touch with me by email at xxxxxxx. I have way too many to list or post pictures of! 

Edited by John Barresi
Email address removed pending a minimum of pics and info

Hello yourself flgrit!

You must realize you are posting in(to) an area of salivating kitefolks awakening from our winter flying deprivation, who get quite excited when a bunch of kites are mentioned....so "too many" does not equate at all.....the more the merrier actually. Thank you in advance for the wake up call.....;)

If anyone here remembers the infamous Mr. Fouts'  kite list and pix on the old GWTW site, you can certainly attest to that!

Indeed a lot of work cataloging said kites and a list at least.....pix later or by request...would/could be the ticket....of course posted in the for sale/swap/trade section.

Looking forward!!!!!

bt

• Like 1

Occasionally someone comes into a collection and wants to sell the unknown kites here, such as after a collector dies. 

Usually the first thing is to identify what all of them are and figure out their value. It requires clear pictures of each kite, with closeups of wear and tear and damage, along with knowing all the pieces are present, if any spare parts and the bags are included, etc.

If you know them more exactly, you can come up with a list like this person did here and here, listing 39 "items" for 51 total kites being sold, then take pictures of details as needed.  If you don't know those details coming up with an estimated value will be difficult.

• Like 2

Agreed, as admin, I'd encourage you to post at least a few photos of some highlights from the collection - lest this topic might be deleted for lack of detail. 🤷 

Don't get me wrong, you are encouraged to chum the water, but not with hook and line only - bait it. ;)

• Like 2
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, riffclown said:

Trusting one person (even someone you know) with dibs and allowing them to state worth tends to be a losing proposition in many cases.  I wish you luck..

you are right but on the same time wrong, I am sure not ALL of us have a cheating mentality. Having advantage to see first the "merchandise" give you the chance to pick from the "pile" IF the seller agree with the price after researching the market honestly.

How many times here on this site people ask on the sales for " the best price" or "decent price" or "decent offers" and general answer was " you are the seller pick your price" ?  

Do you know how many sales for items I wanted here, on this site and I miss them for 1 minute (including yours) ? first come, first serve, right ? countless, but that is the situation for most of us

I am sorry if the post seams to be aggressive but in mi mind I know me and I know most of the people who are here will not take advantage on the way you suggested and YES I will spend 6 hours travel time to give "dibs" to flgrit kites.

Sorry again 

1 hour ago, Edmond Dragut said:

you are right but on the same time wrong, I am sure not ALL of us have a cheating mentality. Having advantage to see first the "merchandise" give you the chance to pick from the "pile" IF the seller agree with the price after researching the market honestly.

How many times here on this site people ask on the sales for " the best price" or "decent price" or "decent offers" and general answer was " you are the seller pick your price" ?  

Do you know how many sales for items I wanted here, on this site and I miss them for 1 minute (including yours) ? first come, first serve, right ? countless, but that is the situation for most of us

I am sorry if the post seams to be aggressive but in mi mind I know me and I know most of the people who are here will not take advantage on the way you suggested and YES I will spend 6 hours travel time to give "dibs" to flgrit kites.

Sorry again 

We are on the same page. There are both sides to that conversation and validity to your observation. I'm the type to research value and show fully also but not everyone is.

• Like 1

ok boys and girls some good and some so and so news. Without not to much background of the flyer and without to try in any way to offend the memory of a friend seeing the collection I felt one of two. Or the flyer was a kite hoarder who buy new and old school kites ore what was shown to me are(I incline to believe more this theory) the kites what was not by the flyer taste or not connected to then. Why I say this? All the kites old school and new are on excellent condition, most of them still have the tags and some to non showed to be flied. Prism, HQ, New Tech kites and old school without names. Taking them of from the sleeves I had the sensation to be the first time when they see the light, except some sand grains in some of them they seams just opened and putted back in. All kites have sleeves, some originals some not 

lets start with what I remember to identify for sure:

a Rev II ripstop and maylar but without any logo (I assume an early production or prototype) excellent condition with a strange sleeve  

two 6 fits flexfoil  with some sail color fading just because of passing time (characteristic to this kite), 1.2 synapse, 2.4 tensor, 3.0 Beamer(handles, lines and stake). All foils are crisp like they just left the sewing table and that characteristic smelt of new. 

a Silver Fox, 3 or 4 Adrenaline, Flashlight, Quantum. After the fact I realize Quantum may be one of the special editions(worth checking). yin and yang Wolfgang Siebert design

there are another 3-4  brand name kites what I will not mention because need to be checked for real value and for sure some more what I forget the names 

At all this add another 30+ no name old school kites with wing spams from 45 to 91 probably hard to non chances to be identified, a stack of 10 old school nexus dimensions but no name.

Line sets ? I do not count them but are 40+ for sure, some LPG, some old braided dyneema  and 2 or 3 Kevlar, from 80 to 150 Lbs  on 80 to 100 fits all with winders and straps, 2 quad line handles 13 and 15 inches

I will end this with an Prism roll on bag on good condition and a duffel kite bag probably 6 fits long. 

If the owner at least to ones enumerated here, will take the time to post them I am sure they will find a new home instantly 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Edmond Dragut said:

ok boys and girls some good and some so and so news. Without not to much background of the flyer and without to try in any way to offend the memory of a friend seeing the collection I felt one of two. Or the flyer was a kite hoarder who buy new and old school kites ore what was shown to me are(I incline to believe more this theory) the kites what was not by the flyer taste or not connected to then. Why I say this? All the kites old school and new are on excellent condition, most of them still have the tags and some to non showed to be flied. Prism, HQ, New Tech kites and old school without names. Taking them of from the sleeves I had the sensation to be the first time when they see the light, except some sand grains in some of them they seams just opened and putted back in. All kites have sleeves, some originals some not 

lets start with what I remember to identify for sure:

a Rev II ripstop and maylar but without any logo (I assume an early production or prototype) excellent condition with a strange sleeve  

two 6 fits flexfoil  with some sail color fading just because of passing time (characteristic to this kite), 1.2 synapse, 2.4 tensor, 3.0 Beamer(handles, lines and stake). All foils are crisp like they just left the sewing table and that characteristic smelt of new. 

a Silver Fox, 3 or 4 Adrenaline, Flashlight, Quantum. After the fact I realize Quantum may be one of the special editions(worth checking). yin and yang Wolfgang Siebert design

there are another 3-4  brand name kites what I will not mention because need to be checked for real value and for sure some more what I forget the names 

At all this add another 30+ no name old school kites with wing spams from 45 to 91 probably hard to non chances to be identified, a stack of 10 old school nexus dimensions but no name.

Line sets ? I do not count them but are 40+ for sure, some LPG, some old braided dyneema  and 2 or 3 Kevlar, from 80 to 150 Lbs  on 80 to 100 fits all with winders and straps, 2 quad line handles 13 and 15 inches

I will end this with an Prism roll on bag on good condition and a duffel kite bag probably 6 fits long. 

If the owner at least to ones enumerated here, will take the time to post them I am sure they will find a new home instantly 

Thank you Edmond Dragut for the post and thank you for coming to see the collection and sharing your knowledge and experience with us! I will be posting pictures soon. If there is anything specifically that someone wants to see, please msg me.

• Like 2