KiteLife Forum

ISO:ISO used beater or in need of repair quad

ISO used beater or in need of repair quad

Looking for a used quad even if it's a beater or in need of repair. I prefer 1.5 in UL and STD or a speed series. And brand is ok with me. Looking to spend less than 100

• Advertiser
    Shortlineflyer
  • Date
    03/17/2021
  • Price
    $100
  • Category
  • Brand
    Any brand
  • Model
    1.5 size or speed series

Wait, you only want an old(er) sail, right? 'cause a bridle in good shape and a decent ST orSUL frame are worth more than you're offering, unless you get arrow shafts and nocks, with a Dacron set of bridle legs carelessly tied.

can you replace badly worn individual sail panels, I mean a new leading edge sleeve and trailing edge pieces, for example?  Remember, at some point the original polyester, icarex or coated nylon fabric isn't even opaque to the wind anymore, flimsy and easily torn, not at all like a crispy new sail once was!

I've sent kites in for the "kite doctor" to resurrect from the grave,... one came back with a note affixed that I shouldn't be allowed to place with nice toys!

What is your ultimate goal? Maybe I can donate a sacrificial sail, but there's a reason it is free!  Rode hard & then put away wet!

• Haha 1

Hey Paul Its Brian Wilson from WOW, I am shortlineflyer. I am ordering a custom 3winds quad but Scott told me it could take months before it comes in and there is a back log of custom kites right now. Im really just looking for a sail in a 1.5 size any condition. Ill fix it if i need to. I have skyshark frames and I have a 1.5 french bridle on order from Elliot Shook

meet us at the park in Baltimore, (West Covington Park, exit is easy, straight off of I-95 ~#54 "Hanover Street"~ it's the last exit before Ft. McHenry).

I'll put a full sail/SUL used into your hands, you'll patch it up whole again and beat it some more.

Add one inch diameter loops (between the end-caps and the bridle), so the loops wear-out instead of $40 worth of Shook knots!

• 2 weeks later...