KiteLife Forum

Flight on the limestone pavements.

JWharton

“Limestone pavement”? - I had imagined some street kiting in a historical environment. I like the rising axels at 00:48 and 02:08. Are they something you actively achieve or is it more a consequence of the wind speed? The multi rotor camera video looked nice, adding the feeling of extra volume to the sky. However, being focused on the kite it took me several seconds to realize that the camera was moving.

1 hour ago, Exult said:

“Limestone pavement”? - I had imagined some street kiting in a historical environment. I like the rising axels at 00:48 and 02:08. Are they something you actively achieve or is it more a consequence of the wind speed? The multi rotor camera video looked nice, adding the feeling of extra volume to the sky. However, being focused on the kite it took me several seconds to realize that the camera was moving.

All those rocks are limestone, there like huge shelves folk call them limestone pavements. Axles rising yes it was pretty windy, the Djinn seems to do that more than any other quad I’ve had(maybe JB can spread more light on why) my guess is because of the belly in the sail, thanks for taking the time out to watch👍

Awesome flying. I spent some time watching your hands. May learn something.

The whole experience was fun. Too short   😉

The winds looked howling. What did they range for you during that, if I may?

Shorter lines?

Cheers

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, midibot said:

Awesome flying. I spent some time watching your hands. May learn something.

The whole experience was fun. Too short   😉

The winds looked howling. What did they range for you during that, if I may?

Shorter lines?

Cheers

Thankyou, wind was probably 10-20mph and it's pretty turbulent everytime at that location, it's a pretty big hill with lots of layers, 30ft lines my favourite👍.

On 3/26/2021 at 8:13 AM, JWharton said:

wind was probably 10-20mph and it's pretty turbulent everytime at that location, it's a pretty big hill with lots of layers, 30ft lines my favourite

I should (talking is always easy...) challenge myself here. Short line quad piloting is something I do in no/low wind on a sheltered parking or in clean non-turbulent wind on a small jetty. There are no corresponding turbulent wind sessions in medium (or high) wind in in my repertoire.

Well, at least the challenge/I-also-want-to-be-able-to-do-that method has worked before. This “provoking” video, https://kitelife.com/forum/topic/8859-progress-so-far/?_rid=10687 (*), was an inspiration to start practising 90-deg wing tip pivots with sudden start/stops. The quick 90-deg wing tip pivots are now a standard component to practice/maintain in all my sessions.

* The actual video in that KL-post seems now to be missing though. Be proud of that 2-year milestone!