KiteLife Forum

sleeving

John Sullivan

I don’t use sleeving. I color the ends of the loops I make with a bit of red marker to indicate the right lines and inch of black marker for the bottom lines. R for red and right. B for black and bottom. Also add a small loop on the ends to make it easier to undo the larks head knot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I DO use sleeving,  but I like for it to be pretty tight. Removing the core from white Bridle line works best for me. I then color code as needed with marker.. I've also used Muzzy extreme bowfishing line with good results but it's a bit thicker than I like for this use.

Actually it does not have a core but has a nice weave and works with a sleeving tool very well.. (I also use it when converting Symphony kites to 4 lines.)  I will also repeat that this is a bit thicker than normal sleeving and works great for power kites but might be too much for Stunt kite preferences..

20210421_124407.jpg

Thank you riff, in the past i used StringLiner braided construction line and is work great. In Yellow and pink is looking good but again you need to mark two of them and to do that i use a small pigtail(that is also to easy open the lars knot). Up lines are pink, down are yellow and on the right the pigtails are pink on left pigtails are yellow, simply like that.

I haven't seen that muzzy line but I'm about to look for that next time I'm at the sporting good store. 

For sleeving I've been using white dacron line I get at the same sporting store. It's like $1 for 50 foot. Really cheap.

Black sharpy one line black on each side. Black is left, white is right.