KiteLife Forum

Rev vs Fulcrum kites

Outlaw

I currently fly Rev quad-line kites (still new at it), I have an, EXP, XX and XX Tarantula. I live in Plymouth Michigan not to far from Sky burners Kite and Jon Trennepohl, we have spoke a few time and fly with a group a couple of times a month. I have seen the Fulcrum and it looks interesting but haven't flown one yet. 

How does it compare to the Rev's? Has anyone flown both that could give some insight on the advantages or disadvantages between the two. 

Thanks 

It is different.  

I've tried them at events, but never spent the money for owning my own.   Not because I haven't put it in my virtual shopping cart enough times, but because when it comes to actually slapping down the money I've decided to prioritize other kites above it.  They're fun, but not my type of fun.

It still maneuvers, it is still controlled in basically the same way. It has less forward drive. The Fulcrum doesn't glide as well, nor side-slide as well. While it is precise, it also feels like it has less stable flight. In some regards it is similar to the difference in dual lines between a freestyle trick kite versus a solid straight team flier. That's good if you're looking to do acrobatic tricks, something the Hadzicki wing doesn't have many of. I've seen people do all kinds of acrobatics that look more like dual line freestyle tricks than quad line flying.

As you are close enough to actually fly with other owners, I recommend you ask to try theirs. Then you can see the flavor and see if you enjoy it or not.

• Like 1

actualy frob Fulcrum is having a lot more foward drive than bowtie shape, the glide must be controlled better than a regular Rex witch have the gravity center closer to leading edge.

Fulcrom need to be controlled ALL the time, any slack line will make the kite to react becouse of the simetrical shape also the wind is not create that "bely" like Rev and that is making him to pull stronger. Any thing you do with Rev you may do with Fulcrum and even more, the shape of the kite is eliminate completly " the walk of shame" and on acrobatics you may perform the turtle withaut to crash ore lose control witch for Rev you need the right wind conditions and many many houres of training just for that.

Is mi opinion 

• Like 1
  • Like 1