KiteLife Forum

Various Dacrons and price

JohnC

I want to eventual stack some kites and have been looking at lines from various stores.  I see Into the Wind bulk dacron and then keep seeing Emma kite line.  Been looking at 300 lbs line in particular.  Emma's is much cheaper, but is it as good compared to others? 

7 hours ago, Paul LaMasters said:

You will spend hours and hours (black arts tuning-turning lead into gold) your stack lines,... do you want to fight stretch next week and start over?

I use braided spectra bridle line (hi-test 100#) or bare spectra alone retired from flying (not new)

do you want fat thick wind resistant stack lines (7) all around your kites

consider a method to make minuscule adjustments, particularly the brake bite on the last kite’s two bottom strings

how far apart btwn kites? Close is less tangle potential and pull, further apart more control and power,... want to fly inverted side slides slowly across the wind window? Or huge wind range objectives? 

there are lots of folks offering advice, mine is to avoid adding knots unless absolutely necessary, every single one is a potential tangling point, can link and connector knots be made to hide inside end-caps? What about single link line that passes thru all the kites, instead of individually used pieces?

Err? I think that as this is a post in the Single Line Kites Forum and talking about Dacron lines the poster is not interested in stacking lines for a Revolution style kite stack but rather flying several single line kites of a single line.

For Dacron lines there is possibly not much to choose from to make the decision. There can be bad batches of line but if it breaks you can tie a knot.

Do bear in mind that knots in lines does reduce their breaking strength so you need to be careful. 300lb line is not that strong so unless your kites are small you will not fly many off thar line.