KiteLife Forum

Welcome Whiffenspit

Hello @Whiffenspit,

Welcome to KiteLife®!

Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Need to tweak settings?

Edit your profile here - View Member
Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/

Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for...

Member Chat
Member Map
KL Shop

And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life! ;)

Hi Folks -- My name is Thomas Kowalchuk -- I owned The Victoria Kite Store in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada from 1980 to 1992 -- was heavily into Stunt kites -- Rainbow Stunt Kites -- Flexifoils -- and Hawaiians -- I was Don Tabors first International buyer -- also Steve Edikens Rainbows -- Was also big into single line kites -- loved Doug Hagamans Parafoils -- that's about it for now --

Keep The Wind At Your Back

Hello Thomas,
Were you in or around the Eaton Center or whatever it was/is called in downtown Vic? If so, I, and another flier visited your store a few times when we were in Victoria on tour playing music at Harpo’s back in the day(z).....;)

If not...hello anyway! 

I also noticed you are in Sooke....way kewl place. Don’t know if he’s around anymore but there was a fellow from Sooke who would come to Harpo’s with a few Talking Drums he made from pvc pipe and fittings. He did all of the “heads”, etc. himself. A very eccentric and wonderful person.  I still have and use the two I purchased.......

I’m up on the Sunshine Coast (for the last 20+ yrs) and got started in kiting hanging out with Ray Bethel at Vanier in Van.... These daze mostly fly my BMK/Aerie’s, Rev 1’s, and single line glider kites!!!! 

Again welcome!!!!!

bt

My store was in Market Square -- I was the only kite store in Victoria and there really has not been one since -- I'm in my 70's now and do not fly much at all -- Sooke is a crappy place to fly kites -- really no good sites here at all -- beaches are rock & barnacle -- Harpo's -- that brings back some memories -- as for Talking drums guy -- never heard of him and I've lived here for 22 years --

TK