KiteLife Forum

LED Lights for the REV

Brad Morris

Last week I was (I THOUGHT!) on kitelife and saw comments on LED lights for a REV and they seemed to be good reviews. I have been looking today and can find nothing. Does anyone have any good experience with lights and where to find them?

Lights vary tremendously. They range from individual LEDs on elastic, to keeping the kite lit up, to LED strips to fully computer controlled color lights. 

Finger lights are cheap, potentially a few cents each. Northern Lights are a recent decent backlight on spars. Fancier lights are custom. 

7 hours ago, frob said:

Lights vary tremendously. They range from individual LEDs on elastic, to keeping the kite lit up, to LED strips to fully computer controlled color lights. 

Finger lights are cheap, potentially a few cents each. Northern Lights are a recent decent backlight on spars. Fancier lights are custom. 

What are the Northern Lights you speak of? Pics? Links?

Northern Lights is a proven lighting item, you can spank the crap out of your kite and not diminish the intensity or dislodge the product in the slightest.  

The lights are even drilled out, (molded, 3D printed, etc) with a place for magic sticks to pass thru, no extra tubes to carry along. 

Rolled up into the string on the ground (calm-shell), slack lined, throws, probably a decent falling leaf if you are a more serious risk taker!

Really bright for about an hour and then you change out to a second set of batteries if a long night session is anticipated.

Buy a second charger and spare batteries, don't be that guy with dead lights on the end of the line.