KiteLife Forum

Recommended kite string rating

Nsanti

Hello everyone,

just ordered my first kite and would like to know 2 things. 1st, what pound rating should my string be? I see they come in many different strengths. 2nd,  what is the best way to attach the string to the kite? The kite I purchased has many lines that terminate to either a ring, or a loop of string. I have attached the listing photo and description for reference.

0AA7A56F-6453-40B8-8686-CFDDEB1754F4.png

6DDEC2F4-F962-4498-8148-EB2AC79A3FED.jpeg

Don't want to be a downer, but I hope everything goes fine with this purchase.

A few "red flags"....material listed as "fabric", quasi disclaimers on measurements/colour with please understand/mind if different, spot on translations....;).....

Even when sold without line, the recommended line strength/weight and length are usually listed. There are folks here who have and fly that kind of (way kewl btw) kite and would know.....

bt

The material is rip stop nylon. They are listed on Amazon as well. The disclaimers on color and measurements don’t really matter because they state only 1-3cm since they measure by hand. I think they mean the red color might be slightly different due to the photo and display you’re using.