KiteLife Forum

Attaching Prism 3D bridle

Jim Mol

Just got a replacement bridle for a 3D. I decided to take the old one off before I put the new one on. I forgot to see which lines connect to the leading edge.

Do the grey lines connect to the leading edge and the black at the T?

Does the short grey go to the upper spreader?

Thanks

Jim

I may not be the best kite flyer but I'm the smartest.

Jim, you can go to prismkites.com and post your question directly to the manufacturer.

Having said that, I happen to have my 3D right here at the desk. The line to the uper leading edge is about 7 3/4" long, and happens to be grey. The lower LE line is the remainder of the grey line and is about 17" long. The lines to the center T happens to be black, and is about 9 1/4" long.

These dimensions are from the point they attach to the Prussik knot at the blue pigtail. to whichever connector.

Jim, you can go to prismkites.com and post your question directly to the manufacturer.

Having said that, I happen to have my 3D right here at the desk. The line to the upper leading edge is about 7 3/4" long, and happens to be grey. The lower LE line is the remainder of the grey line and is about 17" long. The lines to the center T happens to be black, and is about 9 1/4" long.

These dimensions are from the point they attach to the Prussik knot at the blue pigtail. to whichever connector.

Thanks for the advice. I did also post on the prism forum. (I have since found out that some kiters have a presence on multiple boards.) His bridle was entirely different than what I have and you describe.

Your bridle is exactly what I have. With what you gave me I was able to connect it properly. Thanks.

The bridle shown on a picture on the prism forum had an activator between the 7 3/4 line and the line attached at the T. In the Active bridle design, this activator allow a little more automatic adjustment for pitch and since the dynamic bridle already allows pitch adjustments, I can see that it allows for a small bit of tow in and tow out movement. Prism must have see it as useful...

Thanks for the info, I am set to go.

Jim