KiteLife Forum

1983 Columbus AKA Convention -- Oscar Baily Panorama

Whiffenspit

Here's what we were flying back then -- I'm the guy with the Canadian Flag Rainbow Stunt Kites -- This stack was the last custom job that Steve Edeiken started before he passed away -- his wife Cindy Edeiken finished the stack and brought them to Columbus to me -- Hope you can see the picture -- had to resize it down from 10 mbs to under 3 --

Thomas Kowalchuk in Sooke, British Columbia, Canada

Whiffenspit@Gmail.com

772393499_AKA--1983.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 2

Very cool. Lot of deltas and rokkakus, diamonds and eddys and the odd cody.

What passed for stunt kites back then? Or did they even exist in competition yet? 

Inflatables? 

I’m thinking that a panoramic shot was a feat of technical genius back then perhaps 😉

(I looked at your pic by opening it in a new page and zooming it out -- fun shot but it is maybe a bit fuzzy that way.)

14 hours ago, midibot said:

Very cool. Lot of deltas and rokkakus, diamonds and eddys and the odd cody.

What passed for stunt kites back then? Or did they even exist in competition yet? 

Inflatables? 

I’m thinking that a panoramic shot was a feat of technical genius back then perhaps 😉

(I looked at your pic by opening it in a new page and zooming it out -- fun shot but it is maybe a bit fuzzy that way.)

Stunt Kites back then -- Flexifoils, Rainbow Stunt kites, Trlby's, Hawaiians, Hyper Kites -- these are the Stunt Kites that started it all plus major competitions -- as for inflatables -- Doug Hagaman Parafoils were the best -- those were the golden years of kiting !

• Like 1