KiteLife Forum

United Kingdom options on Quad kites to buy. what and where from?

Madoldlad

Thought I'd post this and if anyone else has comments  etc please add.  So I had always wanted to try a quad kite and a while ago I pushed the button and bought a Rev EXP from kite world in the UK ( excellent service by the way). I have thoroughly enjoyed using the exp.

I wanted to buy a vented rev for the winter it gets blowy on the east coast round me. So I started looking around .  I don't want to pay the price of a rev vented...I can't afford to.  So I started looking round for other options and suppliers.

Anyone who's done this knows how limited this choice / availability is in the uk.

I ended up buying a big vents kite from https://www.feine-drachen.de an excellent price, great and quick service and a cracking product , Roger is great to deal with .I am still just starting out and this flys well with my very limited capabilities.  Been out in 20 mph and its flown well.

Anyone else have suggestions on places / options to  buy right across the price spectrum?

Hi!

Roger is always is good place to start if you want a Quad for little money. He has just introduced a new line called ENDOR.

When you don't necessarily need a new quad and want to shop more price-consciously: The ”Börse” in the German kite forum is a reputable source for second hand kites: 

https://www.drachenforum.net/boerse/

You can also leave a ISO in English there.

You could, for example, look for a used KQK. Very high quality, excellent flight characteristics, Made in Germany and available from SUL to Extra Vented.

https://www.korvokites.de/index.php/de/vierleiner/kqk

If you are interested in an STD, I am also selling two Quads: Rev 1.5 JB and Rev 1.5 Super Leading Edge.

23 hours ago, Madoldlad said:

on the east Coast not far from Hull / humber bridge

A bit too far north for me unfortunately ! you could try contacting team "Fusion "  admin@fusionrevteam.co.uk they are based in the Newcastle area and will almost certainly know flyers in your area ! There are quite a few good festivals in your area, Lytham St Annes being well worth a visit. 

• Like 1

If you are looking for a new quad then look up Adam Pallas of A.Pallas kite builder on Facebook I believe he’s in the northwest and as well as being a great guy he builds fantastic kites at very competitive prices , top workmanship and customer services

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

• Like 3

On 1/3/2022 at 2:59 PM, kevmort said:

If you are looking for a new quad then look up Adam Pallas of A.Pallas kite builder on Facebook I believe he’s in the northwest and as well as being a great guy he builds fantastic kites at very competitive prices , top workmanship and customer services

Sent from my iPhone using KiteLife mobile app

great information ,

thank you for this