KiteLife Forum

Wanted...

AiyanaLeigh

Okay...now I'm addicted to stacked Rev ll's!! Penny it 's all YOUR fault too! I had a gas flying them today....they certainly do attract attention! Anyway...I presently have 3 in my li'l stack and want to go for 6! I've found one more so that means I still need two more Rev ll's!

I'm looking for the solid colored ones, preferably in blue or purple or green as I have two fluorescent yellow ones, one hot pink, and a Red one. If anyone is selling a Rev ll or knows of someone who is...could you let them know I'm interested in purchasing it (them) Thanks ever so much!!

I can contact Revolution for you and may be able to have some custom Rev II's made for your stack. I would suggest having at least the first two made with heavy frames to support the others. I am not sure if they will be able to make some Rev II's as that kite is usually only made once a year and in limited colors. Never hurts to ask tho.

Lolly was kind enough to put together a custom stack of 8 1.5's for me and the first four have extra heavy frames. Incredible amount of pull and you are right, it really does draw attention. Revolution does sell a stacking kit as well. It includes 7 stacking lines with a clip for the center line.

Happy Winds!

Kent

www.awindofchange.com

customerservice@awindofchange.com

Thanks for the very kind offer Kent. I think I'm doing okay so far, I've got 4 kites now, well the fourth is on it's way...and I'm not really in a hurry to get the next two. Meantime, here's a picture of the Stack as flown today...

Tipstab_stack.jpg:lol:

Thats a beutiful thing - love the colors too!

I am going to have to get some pictures of my 1.5 stack for ya'll. Question....have you found that the brake lines on your stack are very tight? When I was flying my rev stack the brake lines had to be nearly completely out (loose) to fly it properly. I talked to another pilot who has flown rev stacks and he said that a small leader line needs to be added to stacked revs to get the brake lines back to where they normally fly?

Any info on this would be great, going to add a short (4") leader line to my brakes the next time I fly the stack and see how that goes.

Happy Winds!

Kent

www.awindofchange.com

customerservice@awindofchange.com

Ok...I added a 4 inch extension to the brake lines of my stack and it made a world of difference. The stack was more controllable and didn't feel like it was going to yank my arms out of their sockets ALL THE TIME. he he. :) Was able to actually float the stack across the grass upside down in both directions now....totally awesome. Going to break out the video camera next time I go out. Here's a pic for ya'll. And that is the Power Blast 4-8 off to the side. Got more pics too, if anyone is interested I will be happy to put them up.

post-13-1085971185.jpg

Wow, You learn something new every day. I would use the adjustments on my handles to put in a position I want. Do you use those?

I'm still in San Ramon..... oh my goodness! We had so much fun. John B showed me around the back of the magazine a little. :) whoah lots of stuff. Wonderful kite people!

Yes, more pictures please! Tks all!

BB Penny :(

What I did was simply make a 4 inch loop out of some sleeved 500# spectra I had laying around. Larks head the loop to the bottom of the handles and then larks head the flying line directly to the knot of the loop. That way my lines are still the same length if I ever want to transfer them onto another kite/setup. On my power kites I have extension leader lines on all of them to make line adjustments quick and simple. Tie several knots appx. 2 inches apart along the leader lines and then just move your larks head as the lines stretch or wind conditions change.

On the normal setting without the extensions, I was flying the stack with the bottoms fully extended towards the kite just to try and dump some of the power out of the stack while it was at zenith and to get some speed in the stack while flying through the window. Bringing the handles in about half way to normal flying position sent the stack in a 360 and it was a very delicate balance to try and land. I dropped off 4 of the rear kites without using the extensions and the effect wasn't nearly as noticable as when all 8 kites were on....so I assume that with 2 - 4 kites stacked on the extension lines may not be necessary. Next time the wind is a little stronger I am going to try 4 kites with the extensions to see how it handles.

Next time you have your stack out you may want to try some short extensions on the brake lines and see how she flies, might be surprising. :)