KiteLife Forum

Advice for second kite

Mozca

I am flying an Eolo Over and I plan to buy a second kite (tricks/freestyle),  for light winds of 5 kph or less. My budget is max 140 euros.
I am still a beginner making some tricks, starting in more advanced tricks. I am thinking on HQ Shade, Spiderkite Maraca light, Elliot Slide.
Other suggestions?

hi Mozca,

im not familiar with the 3 kites you mentioned,  for 140 i doubt youll find any new kites that fly and trick in that wind range. i could be wrong and that would mean i have to rewrite my kite notes...not the first time. i would suggest looking for a used proven SUL or UL.

i have 3 kites that will fly that low and only one of them was new, a Skyburner Tica 2020 UL and it cost $350. the other 2 are   Skyburner Widowmaker Pro UL  $250 and a Viper Vendetta SUL $250  these last two were classic freestyle kites from about 2010,  if they hadnt been kind of famous they might have gone for $150. both of them are well used but fly way better than i can...or in other words, theyre not holding me back.(thats how obsessed i am with this sport)

theres a good  chance if you start checking the used market that youll find what youre looking for. i suggest you put a want ad here at Kitelife too for a kite that will fly in those winds, thats where i picked up the widowmaker. facebook has several forums where you can place  an ad also.  good luck Mozca

BobL