KiteLife Forum

Advice for second kite

Mozca

I am flying an Eolo Over and I plan to buy a second kite (tricks/freestyle),  for light winds of 5 kph or less. My budget is max 160 euros.
I am still a beginner making some tricks, starting in more advanced tricks. I am thinking on HQ Shade, Spiderkite Maraca light, Elliot Slide.
Other suggestions?

3 hours ago, Mozca said:

I am flying an Eolo Over and I plan to buy a second kite (tricks/freestyle),  for light winds of 5 kph or less. My budget is max 160 euros.
I am still a beginner making some tricks, starting in more advanced tricks. I am thinking on HQ Shade, Spiderkite Maraca light, Elliot Slide.
Other suggestions?

Hi

Best option is to try and buy a good 2nd hand stunt that will meet your budget.

It's very hard to learn how to trick with mass production kites.

PM if you want some specific recommendations 

Hi, I think that this video is of the same kite you have, seems to be quite capable.

Starting saving your money, and learn to trick on what you have.

(I have been looking at a spiderkite maraca mini, but its not in stock in the UK at the moment.)

Have fun, David.

Thanks DAvide63

It was capable but it is not the same anymore after a few years...patch on sail, spine replaced, etc...

After some advices I am looking for one of these:

Flying Wings - Airwave Light SC4
Freilein - Black Jazz II SC1- SC6
Freilein - Creator 2
Level one - Reloaded UL
Skydog - Jammin'sport

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a good list. The two I'm familiar with, the Reloaded and Jammin, are both quite capable. Freilein and Flying Wings both have good lineups so I'm sure they're good options too.

Every kite feels different. If you have the option to try them out on someone else's gear it can be good. If you're in a position where you cannot do that, it looks like you're doing it exactly right.

As it is your second kite just about anything would be good. As you gain more and more kites you'll find some will satisfy specific needs, and you'll discover holes or gaps that need a specific kite. For a general low wind kite, all of them work.