KiteLife Forum

Hot Tricks

John F

The Hot Tricks competition at WSIKF was great. Congrats to Egan.

My wife who standing amongst some newbies to kiting said that they were very confused by the competition and what the kites were doing.

I think what would help at a festival like WSIKF would be about 15 minute demo of tricks before the competition.

Have the anouncer describe an axle. Have one of the competitors show it a couple times.

Describe Side Slide

a Fade

Flic Flak

Cascade

Comete

and so on.

The anounce could give a little description of the inputs and what the kite is doing.

I think this would help the non flying audience.

It is like when hockey came to Denver. The station covering the game would have tutorial sessions before the game and between periods. Now Denver is loaded with hockey experts who understand and appreciate the game. I think the same would be great for sport kite flying.

The Hot Tricks competition at WSIKF was great. Congrats to Egan.

My wife who standing amongst some newbies to kiting said that they were very confused by the competition and what the kites were doing.

I think what would help at a festival like WSIKF would be about 15 minute demo of tricks before the competition.

Have the anouncer describe an axle. Have one of the competitors show it a couple times.

Describe Side Slide

a Fade

Flic Flak

Cascade

Comete

and so on.

The anounce could give a little description of the inputs and what the kite is doing.

I think this would help the non flying audience.

It is like when hockey came to Denver. The station covering the game would have tutorial sessions before the game and between periods. Now Denver is loaded with hockey experts who understand and appreciate the game. I think the same would be great for sport kite flying.

Good Morning John!

Yes, great idea! I believe Cal has held the mike at times in the past, and called out a play by play of the tricks.

Good point to consider in the future :clap;

See you and Mary at Seaside!

T

• 4 weeks later...