KiteLife Forum

Importing a quad into the United Kingdom

Madoldlad

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought a quad from Spain and had to pay the delivery company before they'd hand it over. Basically if the total value is over £135 (converted from EUR at a rate the delivery company decide) you have to pay VAT (20%) and then there's an additional customs fee of 2.5% on top of that.

For me this came to about £50 but then UPS chucked on their own "processing" fee of a tenner on top which was nice of them... 

I'm still happy I did it as I love the kite - but it is a bit of a cost I'd forgotten about 🤦‍♂️

On 4/5/2022 at 8:50 PM, iexus said:

I recently bought a quad from Spain and had to pay the delivery company before they'd hand it over. Basically if the total value is over £135 (converted from EUR at a rate the delivery company decide) you have to pay VAT (20%) and then there's an additional customs fee of 2.5% on top of that.

For me this came to about £50 but then UPS chucked on their own "processing" fee of a tenner on top which was nice of them... 

I'm still happy I did it as I love the kite - but it is a bit of a cost I'd forgotten about 🤦‍♂️

Thanks for the reply detailing your experience.  I still think its worth doing as it opens up the choice beyond a genuine rev.

Only problem then is too much choice🙂

• Like 1