KiteLife Forum

What kind of kite did you fly today?

Bunduki Vlieger

A vented Djinn (quad) and Lam Hoac vented Sky Devil (dual). 

No video of today, but Tuesday, Saturday, Thursday, and last Wednesday all have recordings. 

In a few hours I have some gym time scheduled. I'll be on an indoor Rev and a Kaiju, possibly an iFlite 2 or Skate if I am not feeling into the others.

/Update: My friend didn't want to be on camera, we spent about an hour with him learning on the rev and iFlite2, then I stuck around for another half hour practicing things on camera. Still working on a few things like a solid landing without a notable bounce, polishing to get catch/throw to 100% but buttons and carelessness block it, etc.

• Like 1

My Sixth Sense STD at noon today - hope the pic works. This was a good day for it, with winds out of the south at the local soccer field, a good direction to maximise smoothness of the wind in that location. Variable, but around 12-14 kph (8mph-ish) and just about perrrfect for me. I was prepared for lower winds as well, with some ULs along in the bag (including the matching Sixth Sense UL). 

Delightful!

q5ivyUz.jpg

• Like 1

Flew a couple…almost out of their wind ranges….on purpose…..a Prism Zero G and a Flying Wings Grace. Wind was about 5 mph or so and both kites handled the wind just fine.  I like the Grace in next to nothing as well as up to about 5 or so….the big wing vent being that ticket, and it “skates” more than glides. I don’t enjoy the Zero G in zero wind, as I have other much more enjoyable glider kites for the literal no wind to wee puff daze. However for me the Zero G comes alive at about 3-4 mph…and today was waaaay fun!!!!!

No pix as I don’t have a cel phone and did’t bother with my little cheapo camera….a break in our Juneuary weather lately…..better a memory than a pic…;)

bt

• Like 1

I finally got to see the Yves Ganne Revs 189 and 190 in the air at the same time. Linking them seemed the best option since I don't know of any other fliers in the area and I'm not ready to attempt flying two quads at the same time 🤣. It's my first attempt at linking quads and, for the most part, the trailing kite tracked rather nicely. Reverse flight was rather elusive, though. I'm not experienced enough to know if that's just the nature of linked quads, the light and variable winds weren't sufficient, or possibly my link lines are too short? 🤷

large.Screenshot_20220610-073435_Facebook.jpg 

3 hours ago, Bunduki Vlieger said:

Wow! Then two of Yves' quads made their way across the pond. Congratulations!

There are enough experienced stack pilots here (such as @riffclown ) who can surely help you with that...

It took a while to acquire the kites from Yves. Not due to any delay on his end, but because I though my daughter was going to arrange for them to be made as a gift for me. She thought I was to arrange for them to be made and then she was going to wrap them 🤷. A year, a Christmas, and a birthday later I have finally received them both 😂

I was actually reading through a @riffclown@riffclown thread (the one when he was working on stack catch/throws) when I was thinking about link line length. The line set I was flying on was around 40 feet, so I probably should give it a shot in a more open field with longer lines and see how they perform. 

13 hours ago, riffclown said:

Bring them to the Rogallo.. I'll help you any way i can..

I really appreciate the offer. Unfortunately family life will not allow me to attend Rogallo... hopefully I can make a day at the Wright Kite Festival. 

• 3 weeks later...