KiteLife Forum

Line Set Replacement for Mighty Bug 1.0

kenexcelon

Hey everyone!  Long time lurker, new poster.  I wasn't sure the best spot for this post, so posting in this area.  I have searched online for some replacements line set(s), but I have come up pretty empty handed for my Mighty Bug kite.  I am wondering if you all may know where I can find or have line sets made for it?  The line spec is 150# x 65' dyneema.  I have found some that are 150# x 80' but likely overlooked some options.

I am not necessarily opposed to making my own line sets, but I'd have to try making some shorter ones first so as to not waste so much material (line and sleeves) until I get it down to get each line even.  I'd have to search for tutorials and get a good way to measure and good places to buy material from.  Until then, it'd be more convenient to see if I could get at least a couple of sets made.  That includes from any members here that perform such work or elsewhere.  Thanks everyone for considering my inquiry and for your time.

Thanks!

First off it’s always a good thing to have a few sets of lines in different weights and lengths. In your case, as you have found, an 80’ lineset will accompany a 65’ just fine and give you a wider window to fly in....;)

If there is no kite store in your neck of the woods then check out this forums sponsors to the right of these posts.....fine kite shops with great folks.....one of them has your kite listed with a different weight of lines.... You can check out their pre made linesets or buy bulk and make your own....I’m sure there’s tutorials on this fine site as well....re making linesets. There are also shops that will custom make any weight and or length you want.....but this will be spectra line (not dyneema) which is better anyway....another can of worms shall we say....;)

bt