KiteLife Forum

It's been a while

riffclown

Hey Riff,  Really interesting colors and pattern.  Made a Fulcrum quad with a stained glass outline with the left and right sides reverse of the back. Odd but interesting too. Will send you a picture when it it's framed up by Chuck Jones. Got the spar specs from Sky Burner site. 3 different options. He is way better at figuring what might work best. The last dual line I made 8 foot had under built frame especially bottom cross when Chuck gets ahold of it. Was intended for light wind so used 150-250 CXL skyshark rods for rev quad build. They are supposed to have good rebound for quicker response?  I'll send a picture of it. Looking forward to flying the sort of Fulcrum. Chuck saw John B in Florida springtime. Chuck speakers highly of him. Tell him to keep up his good work ethic. Awsome flying videos and tutorials. Fly High Michael marmarasmichael@gmail.com

6 hours ago, Cot51stState said:

Looks like it should be fully flight tested in time for the Wright Kite Festival 🤔. See you there 👍

It wouldn't be the first thing that flew there for the first time..

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Michael Marmaras said:

Hi all flyers,.  Will try to make it to the Wright Festival. Both sisters live in NC so maybe can plan a trip. The Chattanooga Festival was the best we have had in 25 years. Maybe will befriend some of you! Michael marmarasmichael@gmail.com

Looking forward to it..

Rob,  plans for frame?  Seems the LE rod makes a big over all difference in wind range and handling.  I think I will stick close to the light wind frame for Fulcrum on Kite Burner site. Enjoy light pull with lots of feedback. Let me know how it respondes. Good we can always change rods easily. Michael marmarasmichael@gmail.com

4 hours ago, Ejay said:

Hey Riff,

Glad to see that you are still sewing , looks good !

You could name it  V W.

Good to be back behind the machine..

1 hour ago, Michael Marmaras said:

Rob,  plans for frame?  Seems the LE rod makes a big over all difference in wind range and handling.  I think I will stick close to the light wind frame for Fulcrum on Kite Burner site. Enjoy light pull with lots of feedback. Let me know how it respondes. Good we can always change rods easily. Michael marmarasmichael@gmail.com

Planning to experiment with a few frames.. We will see what works best..