KiteLife Forum

Benson Gemini & mini Gemini kite Plans

babssmm

Hi all,

great forum, great kite lovers supporters.

After many years stopped decided to fly and make kites again. One of my first kite build, was Gemini, by the time, I was able to get the plans on - http://www.kites.tug.com/commercial_plans/ - now a days links are dead and website owner not reacheable. I would like to make it again, does anyone have the plans for one of this two kites that could share.

Many thanks 

Hey Babssmm, Not familiar with that kite.  I usually look at basic picture and just build. Not really a wrong way to do it and it's kind of your design at the end. Most anything will fly. Even my tiny 8" fighter kites fly super fast in strong to medium winds. Good plan site is kite plans.org. Fly High

• 1 month later...

Kites like the Gemini (Benson design) tend to have a very loyal following and are well respected by the community so you won't often see plans posted for them. The owner of Tug (Andrew Beattie) has since shifted his focus almost exclusively to large inflatable show kites.

Hey John,.  Those inflatable kites must be very complicated to design ,sew,and especially behave at different wind ranges. Martin, Chuck's good friend,  used to make them. Montegue Park ie. Sculpture Field is having an event Saturday. Mostly an evening event at 5 for a sculpture burn party. I imagine alot of fun though out the day. I will be flying wind or not. Maybe see you there. Michael