KiteLife Forum

Do Supersonics really trick?

Traveller

I read an article in a German kite-flying mag which claimed that you can *easily* do axles & flic-flacs with a Supersonic... :)

That would be something!

I should immediately state that I've never had the pleasure of seeing one of Rev's videos - so please don't flame me if it's shown in the first 30s of the video, lol

Was thrilled to learn some new tricks this past weekend (certainly "old hat" for you Rev vets)

- pulling hard on the leading-edge lines when the kite's directly above you - to have it come sailing down almost into your hands &

- tossing the kite & having it launch before it hits the ground

now that's some cool s**t :o

Of course, the latter is only successful with short lines (...unless you're a shot-put athlete... ROFL)

Anyways, if there any written tips on tricks not covered by Rev's excellent online guide, please do tell!

Thx + cheers,

P.S. must be my all-time most embarrassing post (& I am a member of over 30 forums...) :(:o Just read this post (& saw the video: my jaw is still on the floor)

Edited by Traveller

Why embarressed? It's just quiet in here sometimes. We've been waiting for your post. :lol:

Yes, the SS series can do axels, and launch from a dead launch. And who knows what ever wonders it can do.

Last Sat. Aiyana was flying her Super Sonic, and it was time to go. So I walked over to where she was flying. She yanked on her handles and it came floating down while we were visiting. I figure it was on some where between 75-100 ft.

We looked up and it was still floating towards us, and there was wind! I walked up about 10-12 ft. and laid my arms out and it gently floated into my arms. I tell you Rev's and I have some kind of love going on!

I almost walked a 360 on 100ft. of line at Moses lake. There were a few quick steps in there, but it was the easiest 360 I'd ever done. :D

Sometimes you jerk on long lines and catch it fine, sometimes the wind takes it back. Don't listen to any of us, try everything you can, you may be able to do something that the best out there will tell you is impossible. B) have a great day!

BB Penny

:lol: Penny I thought that was just a fluke when it floated into your arms!! Well...guess what? I tried it again yesterday and not only did it float gently into my arms...I never had to move a step...just reached out and it dropped gently into my lovin' arms!! :D There wasn't quite enough wind for a dead lauch attempt but that's coming next windy day!

Meanwhile...here's some action pics of the Stack we built!!

Outtawhackstack.jpg

Stack2.jpg

Kewl Aiyana! How long are your lines for the SS? :lol:

Are you going to go neon green, pink, neon green, red, neon green, ?

:D You might need another neon green and whatever... oh, .... the color choices!

My wedding was done in our quad squad colors. the ladies went from the outer edges, hot pink, teal, purple, teal, hot pink. And the 10 flower girls had on multi colors of the same. It was every bit as beautiful as any kite festival.

hugs back at you lady!

BB

Penny

Hey, Jason, thx for the link B) I only wish (the Marina Green) was in std (mpeg 2, mpeg 4) formats 'cause I hate RealOne argh... :D But a great site & I will have a look at all of 'em!

(Say... ain't Internet & broadband great? My ISP just decided to bump us up from 600Kbps to 1Mbps - for free :lol: )

doing flic-flacs with a supersonic and extended handles is easy. You will probably be able to do it your first time! Just use those long handles. Without much practice I was able to flic-flac at 12,3,6 and 9 O'clock.

Hmm, I haven't flown my supersonic in a long time. I think I'll pull it out next time I fly...

-Mike