KiteLife Forum

LOGO CONTEST

John Barresi

"Width" set to 85% in the embroidery software.

I need to do some comparisons though. I'm not of sure the method it uses to set the width - an overall squish, individual letter squeezing, intra-letter (kerning), etc.

Squares of the grid in the above are 1/2" for scale.

I'll do you up a complete sample tonight...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're closing in on it :blue-music:

iQuad_Logo_Back.PNG

In that font size, at 85% scaling on the width, kerning set to -5%, and word spacing set at 45% of x height, Justin Reddington just fits, it's still nicely readable, and the vertical strokes don't disapear.

Whatdaya think?

Actually, nix that... I think it looks great. :blue-music:

So, to recap:

4 x Full size logo on back of outer jacket shell below hood line (black fabric)

4 x Small logo with name(s) on breast of outer jacket shell (black fabric)

4 x Full size logo on back of inner jacket shell, below hood line (dark grey fabric)

4 x Small logo with name(s) on breast of inner jacket shell (dark grey fabric)

The other breast area of the jacket and liner is occupied by Columbia's logo and model information.

We're still trying to nail down the last two jackets for our team, but please do email me a quote on all of the above when you have a minute. :P

The blue you used actually looks great, after looking at it for a little while. :blue-music:

If I were to change the color in the names, it would be something in the range of 3901.

This appears to be a little bit lighter/brighter than the Royal Blue you used in the example (3522?).

Still not sure I want to change it though... Thoughts from anyone reading this thread?

The blue you used actually looks great, after looking at it for a little while. :blue-music:

If I were to change the color in the names, it would be something in the range of 3901.

This appears to be a little bit lighter/brighter than the Royal Blue you used in the example (3522?).

I'm pretty taken with the royal blue as well, however as the jacket back is nearly black, something a bit brighter may be a good idea and 3901 would be a good choice

• 3 months later...

So I am out wearing my latest iQUAD gear, the hoodie. Well a guy shows me a ring he is wearing and says "look, I have a Kokopelli on my ring." I then respond with "wow, that is cool except my sweatshirt has iQuadies on it, not Kokopellies." He then went on to tell me that the Kokopelli is known as the god of Fertility.

So if you put two and two together the iQUAD logo could represent a bunch of dancing fertility gods to some native Americans. According to Wiki there is also some other interesting symbolism represented with the Kokopelli. I will leave those for you to explore yourself on Wikipedia. No comments on the back of the hoodie--stay tuned.