KiteLife Forum

Looking for a Indoor Rev

Jesse Stickley

I dont know if this is the right place to post this, but I am looking for a Indoor Rev. Reasoning is not because I want to fly it indoors, Its just it is rare that we have any wind over 5 or 6 mph around here, and id like somthing like that to fly outdoors whenever theres a slight (and when i say slight i mean very very slight) breeze.

What do yall got?

Thanks

Jesse

I have a Rev 1, could i change out the rodset to get that effect? Today was the most wind weve had in about a week, it accually moved the hair on my head. I also have a Rev EXP that i havent flown in years simply because of a bridle issue.. Is there a rodset for the exp also? Id much rather have that back into action because its much more forgiving with my wife.

Jesse

This webpage will give you all the data for the standard rod set for your Rev kite.

By comparing the differences between the rods of a 1.5 SLE and a 1.5 SUL, you can see that you would probably need the "Professional" rods for a SUL version, which is very close to the SkyShark P200 rods. You could maybe drop to P100's for the vertical rods.

Hope that helps.

You have an EXP. Worry about a bridle later. :) You can larks head 12 ft. lines though the vertical caps and learn to no wind fly. Very doable as is. Lighter spars would help, and an indoor definitely be easier. But the length of line makes a huge difference too. Every few feet makes a difference. 10-12 ft. work good. The longer the line, the slower it is.

Lots of practice, but everytime you go back it's easier. It's time to head indoors. :)

BB

Penny

Call one of the kite stores, if you can in your area is good. Support your local kite store, but it doesn' hurt to price others to make sure you like their prices. Check out the sponsors on the front of kitelife and try one. They will all be great. Hmm, professionl, ultra light, Super ultra ligth spar kits maybe? I don't surf much.

Good luck. BB

Penny ~ getting ready to kick it inside.

We have the Rev Indoor as well as the 1.5 SUL in stock. We also carry a huge selection of replacement rods for all the Rev kites. We also have original Rev bridles in stock.

Like for our Rev Replacement Parts

Link for the Rev Indoor

Link for Rev 1.5 SUL

We can also do custom setup's for your Rev - special frames, stacks, etc...

• 2 months later...

Hi Jesse,

If you live in Baltimore you should come fly with us sometime. We have conquered these fickle local conditions on quads. Check out our website for further information.

wowkiteclubDOTcom

We'd be pleased to share our knowledge and modifications with you! We have at least a dozen skilled pilots to assist you along the no-wind learning curve. I own about 40 REV products and never travel w/o at least a handful of 'em.