KiteLife Forum

Benson's Airbow

Traveller

I know that 99% of the members are state-side, however I'm certain that UK's Tim Benson is no stranger to you either!

I have a gorgeous Outerspace in black, grey, yellow & mylar - simply breathtakingly beautiful (& EU's answer to Prism's comp kites :D ) So man, did I freak when I heard about his latest venture with partner Andy Wardly - namely, a hybrid quad, the Aribow!

Wow, what do you all think about this 3D concept...? If you have the bandwidth, make sure to check out the video!!! Hell, if it wasn't for the fact that I just laid out 300EU for my SS yesterday, I guess I would be ordering one right now - a la "shoot first, ask questions later" impulse buying methodology :lol:

Anyone seen one in action state-side...?

Greetz,

...my first impression of the Airbow wasn't very stellar...

Oh, that's not good...! Details, we need more details, please!

What is it exactly that put you off with the Airbow? What, ah, tricks did you try to pull off with it? Are the Revs better in every way, or just where it counts for you & your flying style?

I'm also keeping in mind the Airbow was designed to be a sort of hybrid quad that responds (to some extent) to dual-line input & not so much as a direct competitor to Rev (like Invento tried w/their M-Quads & more or less failed). If this is a good thing, I dunno... :lol:

The devil is in the detail... :D

I try to sample every quad I come across. :D

Usually where I see the difference is in the leading edge. When they bring down the center like their adding two kites together, you have to work on controlling an inverted slide turn. In heavy wind, the air wants to dump off the tops, the top tilting down is not what you want. They all have redeeming qualities, wonderful slides, etc.

I'll try the rest, but Ill keep the best. :lol:

BB

Penny

...my first impression of the Airbow wasn't very stellar...

Oh, that's not good...! Details, we need more details, please!

What is it exactly that put you off with the Airbow? What, ah, tricks did you try to pull off with it? Are the Revs better in every way, or just where it counts for you & your flying style?

Hey, Aiyana,

I was looking forward to a reply from you.... You have important info here and may end up saving me a whole heap of cash, but I'd really appreciate a bit more detail on your findings - no matter how limited your airtime with the Airbow may have been... ;)

Thx,

• 1 year later...

Hi2all,

yeah, I know it's been quite a while since I've last "attended" the forums but I'm still around and thought I'd ask about the Airow again now that some time has gone by & it must have seen a lot more airtime since my original post :)

I just got back from Miami where the winds were so strong that my 1.5 never left it's bag and my SS was singing one loud tune, lol!

Hope everyon'e doing fine & enjoying springtime :-)

cheers!