KiteLife Forum

Welcome enzo

John Barresi

Hello @enzo,

Welcome to KiteLife®!

Although this is an automated message, it is written with heart - I love kites deeply, and I believe the KiteLife community represents this passion with a very friendly and helpful environment for everyone. Please feel free to browse around and get to know the others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Need to tweak settings?

Edit your profile here - View Member
Edit your settings - http://kitelife.com/forum/settings/

Other than that, here are a few handy links that you might have a use for...

Member Chat
Member Map
KL Shop

And while it's never an obligation, we always love hearing about our new members if you'd like to share some of your kite stories, videos, and/or background... Tell us a little about YOUR kite life! ;)

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

thank you for warm welcome. I've discovered stunt kites in the middle of this year (2022). I've purchased budget kites, both quad/dual lines to see which one would be good for me. It turns out I like both. 🙂
Unfortunately, I didn't have taht many opportunities to fly this year, because of lack of good wind in my area (which is EU, Czechia, South Moravia). There is good wind nowadays but it is too cold.
I watched a lot of John's great videos to learn stuff. Thanks a lot John, for posting them. They are so helpful to beginners like myself.
I think I've made some small progress with quad (Orao Fourliner 500 and Quadium 900), since there were better wind conditions to fly it. 
I've made little proggress with dual line though. I've been practicing landing and snap stall, but I keep failing. Beside my clumsyness it might be the kite (Spider from Colors in motion), maybe it's the lines. There are very flexible (I've learned just recently that there are some pre-stretched lines which give more control, is that right?), so I should get some better lines.
Again, thank you for welcoming me here, thank you for all great videos and providing support here for noobies and I wish you all good wind. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have the Orao 4 line kite and the colors in motion kite has good reviews for learning on.

I found better quality lines made a big difference, and watch Johns video on equalizing the lines - this is true for both the dual and 4 line sets.

Keep practicing, the skills will come in time.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, davide63 said:

Hi

I have the Orao 4 line kite and the colors in motion kite has good reviews for learning on.

I found better quality lines made a big difference, and watch Johns video on equalizing the lines - this is true for both the dual and 4 line sets.

Keep practicing, the skills will come in time.

Hi,

thank you for encouraging me. I have already ordered dyneema lines from Colors in motion. I hope it will help a bit.

I've noticed on your profile that you have Orao Feel'r 180. They say on Decathlon e-shop that it comes with dyneema lines. Is it through? Would you recommend to get this kite? Thank you.

The decathlon lines are the weak link, I use https://www.metropolis-drachen.de/en/Accessories/Kite-lines/2-line-sets/Climax-Protec-set-2-x-25m.html

I would not recommend the Orao Feelr 180 for you, it is suitable for a beginner, I think the one you have is good to learn on.

Just practice, concentrate on small hand movements, big steps with with your legs.

Watch Johns videos see how he moves. Youtube has lots of videos on flying both types of kites.

On a dual line kite, learn to snap stall the kite, learn to give slack on the lines, learn to give little sharp pulls. (I have bought yoyos to practice hand movements with).

It just takes time, and good winds.

And if you are making good progress, that's the time to buy better kites. Prism, HQ, and Spider Kites are all good dual line available in Europe.

Kite forge, and Revolution are very good 4 line kites. I do not fly my Orao 4 line kite much now, I prefer 2 line tricks in light wind.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...