KiteLife Forum

Gaze by Air-Rex and Flying Wings

John Barresi

Just had my first session on the new Gaze STD a couple days ago! Designed by Naoki Tamura; world champion Team Air-Rex and Flying Wings, I like it so much that I've decided to add it to the catalog at Kite Forge - first outside design I've been inspired enough to offer through that channel. ❤️🔥

Gaze Logo_工作區域 1.png
Flying Wings-01.png

Stay tuned for more info on this full size precision and trick all rounder, under $300. ;) 

• Like 1

Interesting that you offer a " third-party " product. Especially a two-liner - or does that make more sense to round up your portfolio?

I could not find much information (even on FB): What makes the Gaze so special or what makes it better? What is the difference to e.g. a Level One One or a CKD? Both have an excellent reputation.

Is the Gaze a pure team kite or rather a trick kite?

Full info here, just put the page up...

http://kiteforge.com/product/gaze

Dual line was always on the "to do" list, but the Gaze hit all the qualities I was hoping to build in and I have a great relationship with all involved, so it was a sensible fit.

CKD is boutique not unlike Lam Hoac, Level One is a bit more mainstream and slightly higher volume, Flying Wings' factory has been providing to the whole range of market since the days of the Beetle, sometimes licensing and building for many other designers and brands.

Most of the other boutique or high end brands are also around $100 more per kite. 🤷 

As for "better"? You'll never hear me say one kite is better than another, regardless of my own taste or opinion - can only describe or speak to the build quality (excellent) and the way it handles proportionate to what I look for.

Check out the new product page, follow up with any questions you might have. 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I got my hands on the team kites at SPI. 🙂 I would say it feels like a good kite. Since I've already got a bag full of what was just described above as "boutique" kites I probably won't buy one, but it was certainly fun to fly and it was able to do all I wanted and more. It felt similar to my various other mid-range kites, responsive and quick to follow inputs. It seemed priced about right relative to it's abilities.

The Gaze was nowhere near as floaty as the Sky Devil I had up, but it did handle quite nicely. I watched others use it to do slackline tricks beyond my skills, and it was smooth for straight flying as a team kite. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Michael,

In Cervia I met you and other kite fliers from the Drachenforum, it has been a great pleasure!

During the festival I spent most of time in the STACK area, so when I met John the last day the Gaze was already packed to go back to the United States.

Thank you !

• Like 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, tullo said:

Hi there, will arrive a Gaze vented in the future? Unfortunately I missed the chance to try the Gaze in Cervia, 🤨 I'm very curious about it....

Thank you !

Tullo

There is a vented model on development, but I have no ETA for it yet.