KiteLife Forum

The "Kill"

MissRandall

The "Kill"...

initiated at edge of window

begins with a half axel

John, I'm sure you already do this and that's as much as I know how to explain. It will set you up for a number different tricks.

In this video they do it at about 54 or 55 seconds into it and about 3 min 2seconds into it.

http://www.r-sky.com/videos/nirvana.wmv

And I might as well say it.... "This is myfavorite flying video out right now... It inspires me!"

Around the :54 and :55 mark, I see a snap lazy to landing (kombo), and then a rolling cascade.

At 3:02, all I see is a forward snap to a single insane... Kind of like a snap lazy, but rolling forward into the "fold" instead of dropping on it's back.

I like to do that last move on one edge, exit and fly to the other edge, repeat, to the other edge, repeat... If done right, the kite gets about one kite's width lower on each pass, or a little more.

Does that sound like what you're talking about?

Around the :54 and :55 mark, I see a snap lazy to landing (kombo), and then a rolling cascade.

At 3:02, all I see is a forward snap to a single insane... Kind of like a snap lazy, but rolling forward into the "fold" instead of dropping on it's back.

I like to do that last move on one edge, exit and fly to the other edge, repeat, to the other edge, repeat... If done right, the kite gets about one kite's width lower on each pass, or a little more.

Does that sound like what you're talking about?

YES

the forward snap to the insane position is called a "kill"... and i suck at it!

I was told to initiate with half axel... popping hand goes back (like in insane) and give slack with other.. step forward to hold the "kill". At that point if you want to insane, start walking (or run) backwards.

Robyn was "schooling" me on this the last weekend and I didn't get it before I took off for the beach. I guess I will just have to make it a priority to get out on the field when he's there to finish my lessons.

Sounds right... It's an "overhard" move, to fold the kite over on it's wing.

Practice, practice, practice.

Sorry, I suck at text descriptions of how to do stuff.

Matter of fact, I'm still having trouble explaining the snap lazy, insane and rolling cascade... Even in person. But I can demonstrate the heck out of it! ;)

Flying side ways a very slightly downturn (imperceptible but you want the top wing to start coming down)..

Pop the top wing, the kite should flare unevenly. If you're flying right to left to right the kite will look like / Rather than -

At the flare (it comes quick) then you fully release the bottom wing hand (left in this case), and keep pressure on the top wing hand (right in this case).

Better in higher winds, if the winds are low, you need to give a tug and keep pressure on the 'back' hand to get or keep the spin.

Not all kites will do this trick. Very easy on nirvana, transfer, akuji and all my kites do it well. Not easy on deepspace, sea devil (but not very hard), genesis and any kite that doesn't 'settle' deep into a turtle.

Thanks Robert... That's exactly the information I needed!

How about another tutorial?

Howabout you get my laptop back for me so I can complete the 6 tutorials I have half-done :censored::lol:

Bleh. I cant get ANYTHING done without that thing now :kid_cussing:

Sorry if that came out wrong. I just really appreciate all your good work and really looking forward to your next tutorial.

Anything I can do to help... Please just ask and I'll do my best.