KiteLife Forum

How did we do?

Rank Issue 34 of KL 1-9  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Rank Issue 34 of KL 1-9

• 1 - Bad
    • 5 - Okay
    • 9 - Excellent

This time at Windless Kites I picked people and asked them to write an article. One for Kitelife, one for Kiting, and one for our local club. As an event organizer/ promoter it is in my best interest to get the articles to the magazines. People will see how much fun we had and will want to be there next year. There are other reasons as well. I think that if more event organizer/ promoters did this, John's job would be much easier. I always wish that there were more articles, but I'm very grateful for the articles that are there. I will commit to writing an article some time this summer. I will find myself moved by an event in a way that lends itself to my pen. OK folks, please consider making the same pledge. The rewards are worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't agree with you more... The very premise of Kitelife for me, symbolizes an open format with free exposure for any club, festival, or kite flier... We have an open invitation to all, in some cases larger events might exchange KL sponsor status at their festival in exchange for promotion.

While it brings us good content for KL, the real key to these articles is the way they distribute kiting character... They plug people into what's happening, in an emotional and direct way... By personal experience, and a peek into somewhere we might never normally get to go.

It's about that crazy grin you see on someone's face at an event or your local field... When that bugs bites them squarely between the eyes, it's like light from inside.

It's bigger than I could put to words myself. <_>

Haven't read all the articles in the issue yet, but enjoyed all that I have read. Particularly enjoyed the one by Penny and Aiyana, partially since I've "talked" with them in the forum over the passed months. It was interesting to dig their personalities out of the article. When we can get to know fellow kiters, even through the articles, it's truly enjoyable.

Thanks for a great issue, John.

Doug